Android Question Google play games services leaderboard

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by azclay, Apr 22, 2019.

1. azclay

azclay Member Licensed User

Hi I have a question for those that have experience using the Google play games services library. I have downloaded the library and the demo which I have been able to configure without any major issues. My problem has been trying to figure out how to remove the parts that I do not need without breaking it. I would just like to connect, login ( without prompting the user if possible) , and retrieve the raw score data. I already have a local scoreboard I plan to adapt to except the data from gpgs. So I would appreciate very much if someone could walk me through the connection process and hopefully I can take it from there. Thanks in advance.

2. Computersmith64

Computersmith64 Well-Known Member Licensed User

3. azclay

azclay Member Licensed User

Thank you for your reply, pretty sure I have read nearly all of the 150+ posts in that thread. Most cover errors in the configuration of the library which I didn't really didn't have a problem with. I believe my problem is more fundamental. My ignorance in understanding client connections is compounded by my lack of understanding of how a wrapped library relates to the native Java code. Having a better grasp of one of them would at least give me an end to work from...So it's time for me to put on the big boy pants and grow as a developer! I will start a new thread to ask for recommendations on how I may proceed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice