Android Question Google Play Subscription App Approval Question.

73Challenger

Licensed User
I've got 2 30 day auto-renewing subscription apps that I've submitted for initial approval to production. Both use the exact same subscription methodology, code, screens and popups. The only difference is the monetization ID in my subscription check....but that is hidden. The apps are free to download but functionality is not enabled unless a subscription is purchased (screenshots below). Both work perfectly in internal testing including testing the subscription with the license tester group. Google does have a "testing login instructions" screen where I ask them to use the licensed tester list to access the app during submission.

App 1 gets approved
App 2 gets rejected with this feedback from google
In order for us to review your app for compliance with Developer Program policies we will need you to provide valid login credentials for your app, and any other resources needed to review your app.

Same exact startup messages/method I certainly am confused LOL. Did I just get an approver having a bad day? LOL

Question: I'm a bit new to the subscription game....is there a "best practice" to allow google into a subscription app for initial approval? How do y'all do it? All thoughts are welcome

This sequence is exactly the same for both apps, app1 approved, app2 rejected
Screenshot 1 - Initial app load.
Screenshot 2 - Subscription offer and details message
Screenshot 3 - Navigate to google to process payment

Screenshot_2024.02.22_11.54.05.569.png
Screenshot_2024.02.22_11.54.12.935.png
Screenshot_2024.02.22_11.54.20.602.png

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think is related to the subscription.
Do you provider auth option to the user make login in your app?
If yes, do you need provider an example account to Google made a login and check your app.

Upvote 0

73Challenger

Licensed User
I don't think is related to the subscription.
Do you provider auth option to the user make login in your app?
If yes, do you need provider an example account to Google made a login and check your app.
Thank you for the response.

I don't have a username/password login so, no accounts. It's all driven off of the Google Play billing subscription (user must be logged into their google account on device). On startup the app checks for a subscription. If there is a valid subscription the app is enabled, if not, the app functionality is disabled and the "subscribe" popups are displayed.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I don't has this problem, my advice is contest this.
I still think this is a mistake from Google and there is nothing with the subscription.
Reply the feedback and informs that the app don't has auth.

Upvote 0

73Challenger

Licensed User
I've just re-submitted the app this morning, no changes. I'll post how it goes. I am hoping it is a mistake like you said. Thanks for the responses!

Upvote 0