i use latest sdk and b4a:
B4X:
B4A Sdk Manager: 4.00
SDK version: 6609375
B4X:
B4a Version: 10.90 BETA #1

and firebaseAdmob2.
but when i update my app, google reject my app:
We have detected that your app includes the deprecated Personalized Ad Consent SDK, which is not approved for use in child-directed services. The SDK has been deprecated in favor of the User Messaging Platform SDK and must be updated.

Apps in the Designed for Families program must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program.

Make appropriate changes to your app, and be sure to remove any non-certified ad SDKs or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services. Remember, apps in the Designed for Families program that use ad SDKs for serving ads must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program. Additionally, all other SDKs used in your app must be appropriate to be used in child-directed services.

i think,it is related to AdmobSdk, but why?

Last edited:

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Finally, Google released the app.
B4a 10.90
FirebaseAdMob2 v1.13
include ConsentManager.
Just updated my app with old ConsentManager and FirebaseAdMob2. Google reviewed normally! I think the problem is about "Designed for Families" program.

Upvote 0

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
The ConsentManager code was removed from FirebaseAdMob2. You will need to keep using the old version.
My fault. I use old ConsentManager and this GoogleMobileAds(FirebaseAdmob 2021). I updated SDK and redownloaded resources and i can still use old consent. I am a little bit confused now...
(my app accepted by Google with old consent and it is not for families)

Upvote 0

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
The old consent code was removed in FirebaseAdmob2 v1.13.
Thank you for your answer Erel.

As Google mentions here:
Action Required: Your app is not compliant with Google Play Policies

Issue: Your app contains content that doesn’t comply with the Families policy.
We have detected that your app includes the deprecated Personalized Ad Consent SDK, which is not approved for use in child-directed services. The SDK has been deprecated in favor of the User Messaging Platform SDK and must be updated.
Apps in the Designed for Families program must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program.
Old consent is deprecated and it is not approved only for child-directed apps. So if an app is for general audience, old consent is approved, like my app did today. I am saying this, because if a developer choose to use UMP Funding Choices risks his revenue of ads as many users mentioned at forum. You can read a conversation here.

In conclusion, it would be usefull if a developer choose consent type according app's audience.

Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0

Ohanian

Licensed User
Longtime User
My game has been confirmed with the new library, there is no problem with the version 2.13 library.
B4A 10.60
No ConsentManager
FirebaseAdMob2 2.13

Upvote 0