Google: Your App was suspended??

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this is the mail i get today from google:

This is a notification that your application, Customize - the easy way, with package ID www.sagitalcz.net, has been removed from the Google Play Store.

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the keyword spam policy help article for more information.

• Your title and/or description must not attempt to impersonate or leverage another popular product without permission.
  • Do not engage in "keyword stuffing" by loading app descriptions with keywords out of context.
  • Do not use irrelevant, misleading, or excessive keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or metadata.
This particular app has been disabled as a policy strike. If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a policy compliant version of this application as a new package name.

This notification also serves as notice for remaining, unsuspended violations in your catalog, and you may avoid further app suspensions by immediately unpublishing any apps in violation of (but not limited to) the above policy. Once you have resolved any existing violations, you may republish the app(s) at will. Before publishing applications, please ensure your apps’ compliance with the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this removal.

The Google Play Team

WTF??? i dont understand why they did it but this piss me off... :mad:

i invest so much time and also dont copy anything also the logo i edited by myself so what do they want??

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What was your App-Description?
What was you keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or metadata?

Probably you need some keywords in your description or in the keywords which violates the rules of google

Another possibility is that the packagename "www.sagitalcz,net" is not allowed. Usually the app-packagename should be not a URL!

a good one would be net.sagitalcz.myspecialapp

Please note that the packagename must fit into the namespace-rules of JAVA (not google) TOO.

Package Name is the package namespace for your app (following the same rules as packages in the Java programming language). Your package name must be unique across all packages installed on the Android system. For this reason, it's generally best if you use a name that begins with the reverse domain name of your organization or publisher entity. For this project, you can use something like "com.example.myfirstapp." However, you cannot publish your app on Google Play using the "com.example" namespace.

Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The upside is that it will probably be simple to fix.

Yep but he must upload a new version with new package name i.e. starting from the beginning and loosing votes, active users etc. There is a possibility to appeal but from what I read only 10% of the appeals are likely to be successful :(

socialnetis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry to hear this Ilan! Be careful from now on. From my experience there is some sort of "strikes", if you get about 3 apps down, you could lose your account. Anyway, if you get one app down, you get under the radar, and they probably have seen your others apps and maybe everything is ok with them.

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not again! October saw Google take down 5+ legit apps for BS reasons, found via Reddit. Meanwhile, the mounds of clones, fake, and scam apps still remain untouched :(

Why is Google trying to kill the Play Store?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

WTF??? i dont understand why they did it but this piss me off... :mad:

i invest so much time and also dont copy anything also the logo i edited by myself so what do they want??

"If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this removal."

You should visit that page.
The one you received is probably automatic and standard.

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should visit that page.
The one you received is probably automatic and standard.
I have lost 2 apps in a row, but not my account and other apps, and the message for the reason is almost the same as ilan12041981s , but, mine was because I was using paypal for app licensing.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok google answer me with this email:

Hi,

Thank you for your note.
We have reviewed your appeal and will not be reinstating your app. This decision is final and we will not be responding to any additional emails regarding this removal.

If your account is still in good standing and the nature of your app allows for republishing you may consider releasing a new, policy compliant version of your app to Google Play under a new package name. We are unable to comment further on the specific policy basis for this removal or provide guidance on bringing future versions of your app into policy compliance. Instead, please reference the REASON FOR REMOVAL in the initial notification email from Google Play.

Please note that additional violations may result in a suspension of your Google Play Developer account.

If we can assist you further, please let us know.

Regards,
The Google Play Team

but i really dont understand what was wrong with my old version.

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the keyword spam policy help article for more information.

• Your title and/or description must not attempt to impersonate or leverage another popular product without permission.
  • Do not engage in "keyword stuffing" by loading app descriptions with keywords out of context.
  • Do not use irrelevant, misleading, or excessive keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or metadata.

what should i change?? why they just cannot tell me, hey MF dont write this and this...
why send me a standart mail that was created by a robot...
just tell me what was wrong in my description so i wont do it again... i really dont think i wrote something wrong..

NO RESPECT TO DEVELOEPRS...

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We are not able to judge, not seeing the descriptions.

Google Play makes its voice because it has a near monopoly;
this is unbearable (not counting the 30% that it "extorts"!).

I hope that very strong competitors will be born.

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan12041981

That email from Google doesn't surprise me one bit because that's par the usual course for Google.

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would definitely NOT upload this app to Google Play again even if you do use a different package name.
They are very vague on their reasoning and it could be almost anything. You will not get any other responses or reasoning from Google.

Sorry to say but Google does not play around here. You seriously risk the possibility of getting your entire account, along with all of your
other apps, suspended as well.

DON'T RISK IT!

There are plenty of other viable app stores out there.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you guys for sharing your experiences ..we can learn a lot from it ....
Today a friend told me that google banned one app because microsoft found details of app icons that looks like some of their logo

I do have one question that is hunting me ???
Can I use app icon in description other than the one used in the app ? I guess icon and logo are not the same so it should not be any problem but I do want to here your opinion.

I guess after 5,6 apps ..it is time to change account with another one on different pc, and account name, ip credit card, and so on ...
But I do find int rather difficult though ... what about upgrades ... there will be found in the same place ...will this count ..as positioning ? I guess not .

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan ..please change your 3 game activity behaviour that drive from time to time above banner ads in your animal sound app...!!!

We do care about you and we do not want to loose you...
I am afraid for my account as I am for yours ...
Thank you !

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys ...take care about the word NO ADS in descriptions ..mostly when you have more than one language descriptions in store listing.
You may want to add ads at one moment and forget about cutting this promotion part ...better without it .

I do imagine google saying you misllead users and put them to install your app on NO ADS mark.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan ..please change your 3 game activity behaviour that drive from time to time above banner ads in your animal sound app...!!!

We do care about you and we do not want to loose you...
I am afraid for my account as I am for yours ...
Thank you !

no need to change that, in the whole app is only one single banner and its only at the first page. i did it because its a kid game and i want to let the kids have fun... :) (and make the parents buy the full version)

one single banner is not much and the flying objects dont fly always above the banner and also if they do they are big enough to not miss them..