B4J Question GoogleMaps - Polyline Banding Problem [Issue Identified But Not Solved]

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
This Program used to work perfectly....!

It simply depicts a number of Geodesic Polylines from London to other major world cities. Now the polylines appear starting and ending in the wrong places and intermittently blank along their length. I originally thought it might be a graphic card problem but all drivers and B4J libraries are up to date. This one has me puzzled.... has something been updated that I have missed? Any suggestions?

googlemap.jpg

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @klaus that appears to be the problem. With identical JDK and JRE versions two compilations perform differently on two PCs. On my desktop with a native 1920x1080 screen and text size set at 100% the program performs as expected. On my laptop with a native 1920x1080 screen with the text size set at the (recommended) 125% the problem appears.

I presume this a jGoogleMaps library issue where screen scaling is not accommodated ???

Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just an update to my previous observation. Being an amatuer videographer who switched from HD to 4K a while ago I recently splashed out on a native 4k monitor (3840x2160 px). Whilst the image quality is stunning you have to change the default look of several Windows applications as the desktop icons and in-app buttons become so small as to be unusable.

With the new monitor Windows defaults to 175% scaling which is OK but the symptoms detailed in the post above become evident again. However switching to 200% scaling provides a perfect picture with the highest quality. :)

Upvote 0