Android Question GooglePlayBilling

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am using in-app purchases in my app.

I noticed the current GooglePlayBilling library is version 5.00 (v5.00 - Based on Google Play Billing v5.0.0)

I got the following email last night, and wondering if the GooglePlayBilling library is going to be updated to version 6.0.1 or is version 5.0.0 is going to be OK to use ?

Email from Google:
We are sending you this reminder as one or more of your apps is still using Play Billing Library (PBL) version 4. By November 1, 2023 version 4 will be deprecated and any updates to existing apps will first require you to migrate to PBL version 5 or newer.

Important notes: If your app is targeting Android 14 or higher, you must update to PBL 5.2.1 or PBL 6.0.1 or higher.
In May we launched Play Billing Library 6.0 with updates to subscription features, in-app purchase logging, and new API insights. We highly recommend upgrading directly to version 6.0 to future-proof your integration for the next two years and take advantage of the latest tools and features our commerce platform has to offer.

As a reminder, we support each major Play Billing Library release for two years in order to ensure that you and your users get the full benefit of foundational improvements to privacy, security, and user experience.

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using this library without any issue or notification from Google Play (until now).

Did you check if there are old apps version in the alpha or beta test?

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I only have 1 app using in-app purchases.

I think it's using an older version lib (I can't remember what version I complied with when I uploaded the APK) hence why I got the email from Google.

I am trying to work out if version 5.00 of the lib is what I need to use, or if we need to upgrade the GooglePlayBilling lib to version 6 ?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
GooglePlayBilling library is based on V5. The thread was last updated Aug 29, 2022.
- For now you should switch to V5 as there is no newer one.
- At some point Erel will do an update i guess. Update then again.

Upvote 0

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
Important notes: If your app is targeting Android 14 or higher, 
you must update to PBL 5.2.1 or PBL 6.0.1 or higher

I think v5.0.0 is not enough. I received this mail too. Mentions that I am using v4.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using this library without any issue or notification from Google Play (until now).

Did you check if there are old apps version in the alpha or beta test?
Update: I got the same email today.
I'll check the update version.

Upvote 0