Gps4ppc

jimmer

Licensed User
I am having trouble compiling a version of gps4ppx. Both versions of the downloaded exe seem to work on my hp IPAQ 4150. The GPS is an external bluetooth device. The PPC has .net version 2 installed.

When I try to compile on the desktop and run on the device I get "error opening port 6" when I try to connect.

I get the same same error if I try to run the program from within basic4ppc on the device

I have experimented with using the serialdevice/serialdesktop dlls but when I try and run the compiled file i get error message "Error loading program. An error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly containing it cannot be found"

I note in earlier posts in this thread someone has a similar problem in that they could run the pre-compiled version could not compile it themselves but I don't think it's the same issue.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

jimmer

Licensed User
thanks for the quick response. It does look like it was related to previous problem after all because when I replaced the serialdevice.dll with the one included with GPS4ppc it seemed to work. I will check version of .net v2 to see if I can get serial2 to work on my device as I assume this is the much preferred option in terms of compatibility.

ADC

Hi, I am not familiar with this GPS4PPC program, so I do not know how to use it after installation to my HTC diamond 2 and download the source code file. Could you give me a brief advice how to use it (or with source code file). Thanks a lot.

ADC

Dear Erel,

Pls note that I already installed GPS4PPC, but I do not know how to use it especially on the compass as it seems do not has any movement. BTW, I think the source code is only for modification on this program, so it is No need for me to use the source code file. Please confirm and advise, thanks.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You do not need the source code in order to use GPS4PPC.
The compass should point to the movement direction. However it will only work when your GPS is connected and has a valid signal.

You should press on the 'Connect' button. When you see the coordination displayed on the screen, and assuming that you are moving, the compass needle should point to the movement direction.