Wish Have Manifest file be just another tab in IDE

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to suggest making the manifest file editor be just another tab in the IDE.

Unless I am missing something, I don't see any advantage of having the manifest editor be a separate window. Since I can't minimize it, and because it's always on top, it gets in the way and I often need to fully close it. But if I then want to go back and do more edits to it, I can't just switch to it, I need to re-open the dedicated window again, then resize it's window (because it doesn't remember the last size/pos), then i need to scroll back to the section of the manifest I was last working on.

Having it be just another tab would also make it more intuitive when clicking the "Save" button in the IDE - if the manifest was just another tab, then I would know by clicking the one save button in the ide it will also save the manifest tab too. And it would also be clearer that clicking the one save button in the IDE will save all the files and not make me think I also have to click three different save buttons (one in the IDE, one in the manifest window, and another in the designer window). Having three different save buttons is a little confusing.

Last edited: