Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You think a lot to graphic and sound:
Research for graphics and resources.
Make a concept with photoshop-Gimp
change the whole graphics because i don't like how it looks
Repeat 2 previous steps many many times:D
Search forums, learn how to use some tools (like texture packer, map editor, audio editor, physics engine, libraries needed...)

In my case I need to think to data and client-server communications, then to the client interface.

Creating the GUI (and sounds) is funny!

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
My advice here: work hard.
Focus on something realistic, something that you're sure you can accomplish (don't try to make another 8 Ball pool you alone, or you'll never finish it) and go for it. Start coding!!!

This is so true. Most of people want to make a big hit at very first time (who don't?). But please remember "Rome wasn't built in a day", Angry Birds or Clash of Clans couldn't make by only one person. Just start with simple things, you can make mistakes but you will learn by making it, too.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to develop an app I have in my mind for nearly two years; no app is very difficult to develop, none is very easy, I think.
Mine is hard just because it is multiplayer and it needs a server. It is similar to Zynga Hold'em Poker.

Maybe I pretend too much :D, but should I develop a simple app just to publish something (and also hoping to earn?)?

But, probably, I will publish soon a "stupid" app, but only to become familiar with the Google Developer Console.

In this way, I'll ruin my reputation from the beginning; well, It does not matter, here it is already very bad :D

"Rome wasn't built in a day"
I know, I was there :D

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this is a common dream all coders have.
See how your "code-childs" become a superstar and brings you the fame and, of course, much more money that you can even count in your whole life.
My goal is not to be rich, just to have a "carefree household economy" ;)
Obviously, the first option must be considered.
Regards.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you should start with something simple first instead of going for a full multiplayer game?

I developed some simple apps, in the past (the first one was "ready" about 30 days after my subscription here, but then I realized some things which said to me: "You can do it better!" and "There are so many apps like yours, stupid man" :D).

I have some graphics and animations ready, for that game, and I studied the logic of the game; also, I developed a simple client-server game, just to have a base, but this game has not a good data handling (it does not use a DB) and its data are few (damned "Italian", should I write "little" instead of "few", here? Or what else? Well, I know you understand :)).

But the big problem... it's me! I'm stuck on a topic but because subconsciously (?), probably, I want to get stuck on it.

Last edited:

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope not, my friend...
Shoot anyone else... from the jail you come out with a payment and, if you are a good boy, maybe with a boyfriend :D