Share My Creation Hill Racing: A physics based driving game

Hello there. After A LOT of work I proudly present my new game:

It's a 2d physics racing game, like the famous Hill Climb Racing, with a lot of obstacles, levels and vehicles to unlock and vehicle cusmization.
I plan to do regular updates, adding new levels and vehicles to unlock, more if the game does good in the play store.
So... have fun!
BTW, those of you who are beta testers should reinstall it, as the update from beta to final version looks that it's not automatic here (not sure why...)

Attachments

• iconominiborde.png
    iconominiborde.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 4,782
  • 1en.jpg
    1en.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 2en.jpg
    2en.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 3en.jpg
    3en.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 317
  • 4en.jpg
    4en.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 384
  • Screenshot_20181118-211514.jpg
    Screenshot_20181118-211514.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 354
  • Screenshot_20181118-211532.jpg
    Screenshot_20181118-211532.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Screenshot_20181118-211540.jpg
    Screenshot_20181118-211540.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 319

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very professional looking

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello there. After A LOT of work I proudly present my new game:

It's a 2d physics racing game, like the famous Hill Climb Racing, with a lot of obstacles, levels and vehicles to unlock and vehicle cusmization.
I plan to do regular updates, adding new levels and vehicles to unlock, more if the game does good in the play store.
So... have fun!
BTW, those of you who are beta testers should reinstall it, as the update from beta to final version looks that it's not automatic here (not sure why...)
Very nice looking game, was this all done with B4A, libGDX or what game engine did you use?

Walter

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice looking game, was this all done with B4A, libGDX or what game engine did you use?

Walter
Yep, B4A and libGDX as graphics engine using Box2D for the physics. The only thing I've done new in this game is using shaders for the terrain rendering, using Perlin noise algorithm for the terrain generation (infinite levels!)

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yep, B4A and libGDX as graphics engine using Box2D for the physics. The only thing I've done new in this game is using shaders for the terrain rendering, using Perlin noise algorithm for the terrain generation (infinite levels!)
Wow, I think this is by far the best game i've seen developed with B4A, I need to get back to using libGDX, your game looks very nice, did you create the graphics yourself or did you pay someone to do them for you, Felicidades!.

Walter

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you marketing this? Do you have ad admob budget? I've spent a bit recently pushing one of my games and it's now 22 in arcade trending chart in the UK. It only needs to be for a few days, just to kickstart it. I'm doing £20 per day focusing on UK only and it's working well. I'll stop it at Christmas.

Also, where else have you posted this? There's some good subreddits, like r/playmygame and r/androidgaming

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you share how you are adding the levels and allow the horizontal scrolling, are you using a scrollpanel, how do you manage to make it transparent?

Thanks,
Walter

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you marketing this? Do you have ad admob budget? I've spent a bit recently pushing one of my games and it's now 22 in arcade trending chart in the UK. It only needs to be for a few days, just to kickstart it. I'm doing £20 per day focusing on UK only and it's working well. I'll stop it at Christmas.

Also, where else have you posted this? There's some good subreddits, like r/playmygame and r/androidgaming
Hi! this weekend I'll start some kind of advertising campaign, to boost installs. Best channel to promote it? admob?

Can you share how you are adding the levels and allow the horizontal scrolling, are you using a scrollpanel, how do you manage to make it transparent?

Thanks,
Walter

About the levels, here is a video of how it's working:

I'm working with small pieces (20m if I remember) of terrain, and when I add one I remove one. There are some generated by a function (perlin noise) and some others are prefabs. As you go further the difficulty increases.
And about the scrolling, do you mean the parallax effect? I'm making it using an lgTexture and using DrawTex3, a function where you can specify the uv coordinates of the texture, and varying from 1 to 0 each frame it scrolls (I can develop the answer if you want).
If you mean the GUI scrolling, I made an UI system for my first game that I'm still using (before I even knew scene2d even existed). If I had to do it now I'd use scene2D for the interface with eyes closed! If you don't know it, scene2D is a component of libGDX, and there are some examples of how to use.

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi! this weekend I'll start some kind of advertising campaign, to boost installs. Best channel to promote it? admob?

About the levels, here is a video of how it's working:

I'm working with small pieces (20m if I remember) of terrain, and when I add one I remove one. There are some generated by a function (perlin noise) and some others are prefabs. As you go further the difficulty increases.
And about the scrolling, do you mean the parallax effect? I'm making it using an lgTexture and using DrawTex3, a function where you can specify the uv coordinates of the texture, and varying from 1 to 0 each frame it scrolls (I can develop the answer if you want).
If you mean the GUI scrolling, I made an UI system for my first game that I'm still using (before I even knew scene2d even existed). If I had to do it now I'd use scene2D for the interface with eyes closed! If you don't know it, scene2D is a component of libGDX, and there are some examples of how to use.
I mean the menu for the levels, how did you accomplish displaying the different levels, i see that you have the different levels that can be unlocked and selected I see that you added some animations for them to pop up and i see that you can scroll to the right to select the other levels, how did you accomplish this? are you using a scrollpanel?

levels.jpg

Regards,
Walter

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I'm using admob now myself to boost my invaders game. From past experience and from reading other developers tips, a shorter burst of ads works better than a month long campaign. So take your budget and blow it in one week, don't try to spread it over a month or two as daily downloads really help with chart movement, rather than less downloads per day over time. MY Invaders game has shifted really well on the trending and top games chart in the arcade section on the play store over the last week by spending £20 a day on it. I'll stop the campaign soon, or when I stop seeing movement. Appannie is a good site fro checking how your app is doing. The keyword tool on there is good too.

https://www.appannie.com/dashboard/...,AU,Others&table_selections=GB,US,IT,ES,CL,AU
I've masinly been focusing on the UK rather than a global approach, it's easier to climb the chart in one country than try to attack many places at once on a tight budget.