Games Hill Climb Racing game

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Really? I didnot knew that.
If I remember correctly, that guy had some apps in the store that worked very well. At some point he decided to launch the game (with only a couple of levels and one vehicle, almost no customization options...) and use his apps to cross promote the game. the game became very popular and... you know the rest of the story, one of the most downloaded games!

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why did you stop developing this??? It was looking really good. Yes there may be similar games already in the market, but my games that are doing well are all Space invaders rip offs, but I'm doing very well with them and two have gone over 100,000 downloads! Keep going and don't let others stop your working and releasing games! :)

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why did you stop developing this??? It was looking really good. Yes there may be similar games already in the market, but my games that are doing well are all Space invaders rip offs, but I'm doing very well with them and two have gone over 100,000 downloads! Keep going and don't let others stop your working and releasing games! :)
Well, I'm not going to abandon this one. It's just that I see it's a very complex game, and now my time is so limited, that's why I've switched to a simpler game I had allready started (the crazy ball). After that I'll be back in this one, for sure.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's just that I see it's a very complex game

With all due respect, that seems crazy. Not that it's complex, I'm sure it is, but to put it on ice. My recommendation would be to instead keep it as it is, but rip out everything about having different drivers, different cars and different levels. Looking back at your video you posted, I think you've got a full game there. (You can add stuff in later, perhaps as expansion packs the user pays fore.)

Seriously, looking at your video again - I'd play that as it is.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just wanted to show you some progress here. It's going very slow... my time is limited, but I do some game making from time to time.
I'm also finishing my ball game and starting another game (soon will open a new WIP thread to show you a new idea I have) while doing some progress here.
I'm working in new levels: A city at night, a snowy level and a desert:

Screenshot_20180315-155138.jpg
Screenshot_20180315-203418.jpg
Screenshot_20180316-231013.jpg

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello guys!
Just wanted to share with you the current state of my game:

I've been working on the GUI and in the vehicle customization (as you can see in the video you can buy upgrades), also adding new vehicles and levels.
I think I've solved all the problems I had with the automatic terrain generation, so it's very stable now.
I still have to add a lot of little things here and there, and music and sounds and I could launch an alpha in a month or so...

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After publishing the game you should consider writing an ebook about how you wrote the game, how you structured the code, created the UI, terrain etc. Walk us through the complete process, with dead ends and solutions. I imagine quite a few here in the forum would be interested in buying and reading it.

Last edited:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice and great job, @melonZgz !!!

I think that very soon you can develop games like this using XUI (and therefore multiplatform).
Perhaps already now.
I do not expect an answer from Erel to my post above; not because mine is not a question but because I'm imagining Erel already developing the XUI version of this app (by now he is in love with this new world :)).

Last edited:

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
After publishing the game you should consider writing an ebook about how you wrote the game, how you structured the code, created the UI, terrain etc. Walk us through the complete process, with dead ends and solutions. I imagine quite a few here in the forum would be interested in buying and reading it.
Well, I have to say that this has been my most complicated game by far. It's been a lot of trial and error until things work, and I still have to add things that I still don't know how to do! I think I could make some tutorials and explanations...

Me too ! .. What amazing game.. your prices in the game looks like colombian prices .. or not?
Well, as it's a work in progress half texts are in english, half in spanish (I'm from Spain) and the prices... nothing special, just game coins and I still have to adjust them.

Very nice and great job, @melonZgz !!!

I think that very soon you can develop games like this using XUI (and therefore multiplatform).
Perhaps already now.
I'm watching it closely... It looks very interesting.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks to your comments, it looks like this game causes some expectation, it gives me some extra motivation to finish all the work after all the failures I've had in the market with my latest games...
So, I've allready started to add more vehicles to the game. Say hello to the sports car!

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
They weren't failures! They were learning experiences! Thus looks great. Please release it asap and add updates based on user feedback. Don't get stuck in feature creep.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. I think I've allready finished adding vehicles and customization. This is what I have:

So we have now breakable cars! If you hit the top of the car it will break. There is a jeep, wich is the best car available (and the most expensive) and a mini van, slow but very stable. I've also added a motorcycle, very unstable but very fun to drive! (maybe I'll add ragdoll physics to this one)

I've solved almost all the problems I've had. I'm almost done adding music and sound effects, so, maybe in a week or two I could launch a public beta (I still have to add an atlas and start using an asset manager, and finish some details here and there)

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice, I have a curiosity, how do you create graphics, paint or find it on the web? For example the cars the objects of the scenario ... etc ...

Last edited: