Android Tutorial Hint: solving compiler error "Unknown member: initializenewinstance"

I ran into this one today and fortunately my penny dropped rather quickly, though I didn't find anything on the forum about this error; hence this post as it might be useful for others. I was changing a standard app into a B4Xpages one, and this error showed up:
B4X:
Unknown member: initializenewinstance
Current declaration does not match previous one.
Previous: {Type=Listener,Rank=0, RemoteObject=False}
Current: {Type=JavaObject,Rank=0, RemoteObject=True}

My original app contained a service called 'Listener', and I assume the B4Xpages environment introduces an object also called 'Listener'. I changed the name of my service (and, obviously, all references to it) and the error was gone.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I ran into this one today and fortunately my penny dropped rather quickly, though I didn't find anything on the forum about this error; hence this post as it might be useful for others. I was changing a standard app into a B4Xpages one, and this error showed up:
B4X:
Unknown member: initializenewinstance
Current declaration does not match previous one.
Previous: {Type=Listener,Rank=0, RemoteObject=False}
Current: {Type=JavaObject,Rank=0, RemoteObject=True}

My original app contained a service called 'Listener', and I assume the B4Xpages environment introduces an object also called 'Listener'. I changed the name of my service (and, obviously, all references to it) and the error was gone.
It could be a bugs