Android Question Home App and TaskLock

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a Android POS application and I want to keep the application always active.

I use the Kiosk Mode idea suggested by Erel, that brings back the application after few seconds, but I need something better.

1) There is the TaskLock option, but for Android 5+. I have many users on Android 4 yet.

I could use Kiok Mode for Android 4 and TaskLock for 5+

2) There is also the Home App, not sure it works for all the android versions. In this case my question is how the user can select the application to work as home app, it needs to be optional. Once selected as home app it does not let you select any other app right? I want my app to be the only thing working (android 4 also).

The question here is google play still updating the application? and what to do in case it does not get updated? I see google play frequently getting stuck with updates and user needed

Any ideas on how to have a android 4 and up solution to keep the application fixed when needed (by default)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The question here is google play still updating the application?
Not sure that I understand. Which application?

The home app solution works for all versions. It is not fully locked as with TaskLock.

You just need to add the required intent filter to the manifest editor. The user will be asked whether they like to set your app as the home screen app.

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure that I understand. Which application?

What I mean is that when you have such "locked" situation the user will no be able to access google play and update manually if necessary. I see sometimes that the play store does not update in some devices even when there is no permissions changed.

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
You just need to add the required intent filter to the manifest editor. The user will be asked whether they like to set your app as the home screen app.

In case the user does not want it to be the home screen app, it is possible for the user just work as a regular app, or each time the user call the application it will ask it again and again?

Upvote 0