Android Question Horizontal Scroll Panel Image View.

Coorsman

Licensed User
Hi all,
This is my first project using B4A.
I have written a program in Windows using VB.NET and now I'm trying to use B4A to make it an android program. In VB.NET I use a User Control and a richtextbox to add panels. Not sure what's available for B4A to accomplish the same functionality.

I am writing a Kitchen Video screen for Android, you've seen the big screens in many fast food restaurants that display orders.

For simplicity, I would like to use bmp files and display them in a panel across the screen horizontally, with a count up timer in seconds on each panel when it's added and when the panel is touched twice a button to delete the panel is displayed. Maybe display 4 or 5 panels with new ones appearing offscreen to the right and swipe left or right would display them.

I've been working with the scrollview and imageslider example programs trying to merge both together is not working correctly for me.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.
TIA
Coorsman

Brandsum

Licensed User
  1. Use CustomListView
  2. Set direction to horizontal
  3. Create a function which will return a panel having all the subviews (image, hidden delete button, timer etc)
  4. Inside that function add gesture detector to the panel to detect double tap and put CLV item index number in that panel's tag. This will be helpful to delete that panel.
  5. Add panels to CLV generated by the above function. It will automatically insert a new panel to the right.
  6. After you delete the panel clv will automatically rearrange all item.

Upvote 0