iOS Question Hosted builder app download very slow

QtechLab

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have an issue with Hosted builder app download. The smartphone remain pending to download the app...
Is not my network problem, i have tryed to download in Wifi and with 4g.

I thought i had exipred licence, so i've renewed with a new one this morning but it didn't solve the issue. I have tryed with both primary and secondary server.

QtechLab

Licensed User
Longtime User
Builder page loads fast but install the app on the iphone tooks very long time. So long that the download is stopped after many minutes

Upvote 0

Osp

Licensed User
Longtime User
...same problem here... not even the "blank" app when creating a new one installs properly. Sending and receiving OK from the Server is quick, Popup asks install yes/no and then... almost nothing happens. Timeout 900sec is not enough. I am trying for hours now and while this doesn't work at all (whith the same phone a while ago all went much faster) I can do anything as normal on the web so it's not my upload/download or general internet connection nor can this be the phone. It's not a very fancy one (SE) but as I said I did not experience such slow install before...

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
One of the builders ran a bit slow, though not as slow as you experienced. Compilation tool about 40 seconds.
I've restarted it and it now runs fine.

When you encounter such problem you should try to switch to the secondary builder. If it is still slow then try to restart the device. It can solve slow installation issues.

Upvote 0

Osp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure as to why... I tried both servers and I tried rebooting the phone to no avail. Also tried to stop Wifi like mentioned in some older post and then install again but that neither helped. I will try this evening again, hope it'll work better, then!

Upvote 0

Osp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Today after about 8-10min the app looks like completely installed but does not automatically open (checkbox is checked in the Build Server Settings for this) and it says IP address... Waiting for IDE to connect... when I click on the icon to open the app manually. Any more ideas??

Upvote 0

Osp

Licensed User
Longtime User
yay!! It installed for the first time!!! I hope this is going to get smoother now...

Upvote 0

Osp

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes - at the moment it goes quick :) :) :) I don't think anyone has an idea as to what this is? Seems very very fluctuating.

Upvote 0

Osp

Licensed User
Longtime User
it remains impossible to install apps in debug mode 99% of my tries :(. Why is it so unreliable when every so many times it works with the same internet connection (which is at the same time always working completely ok) and the same mobile phone, no matter if I restart it or not or whatever I try... this makes development on Iphones impossible for me with b4x at this time, honestly - waiting for an install for days until it works out of the blue for no obvious reason??? The phone works fine with the internet connection, the builder builds the app just fine and not too slow, but then install simply stalls all the time.

Upvote 0

Osp

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is definitely a problem with the local network here. Restarting everything including the router frequently seems to do the trick...

Upvote 0