Android Question Hotspot connected devices

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi There
Is there any easy (and quick ) way to find list of devices (used IP addresses ) connected to a phone hotspot.

Here is what I am trying to achieve, without forcing static IPs.
I have a device that acts as an HTTP server.
The device needs to use the phone hotspot to go out to the internet as well.
I need to issue HTTP calls to the device to extract information. I know the port that the device listens on.
However the device is battery operated and will be turned on and off periodically (normally it will be turned to be used for couple of minutes then turned back off). I want to be able to detect the device the second it is attached to the hotspot.

Thanks in advance

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi There
Is there any easy (and quick ) way to find list of devices (used IP addresses ) connected to a phone hotspot.

I need to issue HTTP calls to the device to extract information. I know the port that the device listens on.
However the device is battery operated and will be turned on and off periodically (normally it will be turned to be used for couple of minutes then turned back off). I want to be able to detect the device the second it is attached to the hotspot.

Thanks in advance
It should not be too difficult to do it with with inline Java code - see the second post here...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8324215/ip-address-of-device-using-phone-as-access-point

Code needs to be amended slightly and can be used in your B4A project.

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi There

Thanks in advance
I have wrapped the Github project that the stackoverflow posting is based on. It seems to be working 100%. Library posted here

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/android-wifi-hotspot-manager.61286/

We can add to it to bring info back to the B4A project but perhaps first test it as it is and then we can do some mods if it is working for you

Upvote 0