Android Question How To get the IP adress of a connected device to the hotspot

Amateurtje

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello All,

to solve a problem that a B4A app can not make a connection with a ESP8266 device in AP mode through a Wifi and at the same time, post this data to the internet throuugh the mobile connection, I had the idea to connect the ESP8266 to the hotspot and hopefully, the app can in this way connect to the ESP8266 and the internet......

To connect to the ESP8266, I need to know it's IP adress.. Not the IP address of the hotspot, (192.168.43.1) but of the ESP8266... I do not have to make a hotspot from the app or anything, just know the IP adress... I can not find any app in the store to do this, so the only solution is to try to detect it myself.....

Anybod any idea??

Amateurtje

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi DavideV,

There is no hurry for now. I appreciate the help... On short term, I cna do what I need to do but this will help to make everything a lot easier...

Thanks

Upvote 0

DavideV

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
just tried UDP discovery over hotspot but unfortunately it doesn't work. The good way for you is MQTT.
If you are using ESP32, think about bluetooth LE for discovery, get the IP from bluetooth then connect via WiFi

Bye

Upvote 0