How are you all coping?

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great thread. But how about including City/Country in postings so we get a feeling of what's happening where? Would be very helpful.

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here in Newton MA USA things are getting pretty serious fast. This is just outside Boston. About 200 healthcare workers in Boston have covid now and number is growing rapidly. I've always worked from home, for last 35 years, but the situation is way different now because my normal get out of the house routine is severely changed. Biggest fear is that some other medical need could pop up and make it necessary to go to a healthcare facility ... Scary!

My Tesla Model 3 has become my best form of escape. Filtered air, climate control, all entertainment onboard, fantastic sound system. Have invited my wife to a movie, in the car some evening. Better than home. And ... if things get really bad, we can drive a few hours away to a national forest somewhere, pull into a campsite, and sleep there in the Model 3 ... feels good to have a plan 😊

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Live in Denmark, near Copenhagen. I always work from home so no big difference for me. Except that I can no longer work undisturbed as I now share my days with wife and kids!

Denmark is under moderate lockdown. All schools, kindergartens etc are closed as are other public places like libraries etc. Restaurants (except takeaway), shopping malls, hairdressers, dentists and other places with close customer contacts are closed. An upper limit of gatherings on 10 people. Public transport still working but on a reduced schedule. But we are free to go everywhere if keeping distance, and that's nice. The police can fine people if they don't obey.

As it is now, the situation is seemingly going okay. The numbers of hospitalized people are more or less linear, not exponential, so the lockdown might be working. But it's still to early to evaluate.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
So, day 1 and day 2 of SA lockdown spent at work and so will be the case for the next (at least) 19 days.
best wishes in the Kingdom since here it appeared to start in your province : I hope they let you go home intermittently....

started this one on Friday morning BANG and 're off . . . .

CURRENT OFFICIAL STATISTICS HERE : source sacoronavirus.co.za [dept of health figures one minute ago = although it was reported yesterday 2 deaths]

1585428371339.png

on the neighbouring farm the police showed up to check the staff and what they were doing there. . . . so much for food supply continuity.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Have invited my wife to a movie,
does that thing Have a back seat? - pity its not hydrogen though - another south african export - 👍

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
no drivetrain hump
AHHHHH shame -> no use for the back seat then is there . . . .:oops:

is the US going to get to the lockdown or is he leaving it to the governor's to deal with?

its really alarming how the US medical community is suffering in this ..... from where we sit here watching CNN et al Trump is just a the most bizarre president. not that we haven't recently had one of our own. and we're all thankful he's not still running the country.

quite amazing how quickly US got being 20-25% of the global reported infection rate. nothing like a Make America Great Exponentially campaign by the WH.

which way will this drive the election results?

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
AHHHHH shame -> no use for the back seat then is there . . . .:oops:

is the US going to get to the lockdown or is he leaving it to the governor's to deal with?

its really alarming how the US medical community is suffering in this ..... from where we sit here watching CNN et al Trump is just a the most bizarre president. not that we haven't recently had one of our own. and we're all thankful he's not still running the country.

quite amazing how quickly US got being 20-25% of the global reported infection rate. nothing like a Make America Great Exponentially campaign by the WH.

which way will this drive the election results?

Erel would probably say "start a new thread for this discussion" (lol) but let me just say that your observation from SA is spot on about Trump. We've had a national disaster here in the form of the orange one for 3 years now. On behalf of all Americans I apologize for the way this monster has behaved on the world stage. With covid-19 on top of the mess he's already created, it's hard to see how we recover from all of it. But no doubt we will. And hopefully as a result people will have realized THERE IS a reason for a federal government, not just state power, and a need for one which can ensure basic medical care, forward thinking about problems like global epidemics, climate change, etc.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to vent, and Go Springboks when we return to normal!

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Istanbul/Turkey, infected numbers are growing fast, death numbers are not increasing too fast but it is too early to say. April may be hard for us, schools, restaurants and other public services are closed for the last 10-15 days but there is no lockdown for people going to work.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
I am sure most of you have seen this website:
jA BUT just looked at again it and it just doesn't seem to be as up-to-date as the Johns Hopkins one. It says currently 502k and Johns Hopkins just about 680k (6799779) .... for instance.

here it is again. . . .

gave up with the WHO site at this point.

the REALLY scary part is the 4th World in America. . . .

Andris

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am sure most of you have seen this website:

https://www.covidvisualizer.com/

It is scary numbers....
jA BUT just looked at again it and it just doesn't seem to be as up-to-date as the Johns Hopkins one. It says currently 502k and Johns Hopkins just about 680k (6799779) .... for instance.

here it is again. . . .

gave up with the WHO site at this point.

the REALLY scary part is the 4th World in America. . . .

For those that want to work with the Johns Hopkins raw data, here's the GitHub link: https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/C...sse_covid_19_data/csse_covid_19_daily_reports

DALB

Licensed User
Quiz: which one is me?
The winner will receive a copy of my first B4A app: 2014 FIFA Footbal Cup countdown! A must for every collector's binder..eheh
ps: there's no guarantee the code is still working; the code reflects author's poor knowledge at the time of its writing; excluded any kind of liability
maybe picture 2
picture 1: it's me !
picture 3 : it's someone I've seen in the airport of Santiago of Chili the 3 July 1996 at 1:32 PM

Diceman

Licensed User
On a side note, I don't trust the data coming out of China. They tend to manufacture the facts to suit themselves.
For example. A lot of world maps, atlases and globes are now printed in China. If you look closely on these maps you will see Taiwan is now part of China, as well as large portions of the South China Sea. I bet the people living in these regions never knew they joined China. The CCP modified the images of the maps they were given by the West before they were printed. China does this to "educate" students all over the world that China owns this part of the world. You can think of this as a bloodless coup. No invasion needed. Just change the maps and now China owns thousands of square miles of territory. I trust the virus data we are getting from China in the same way. I heard a rumor that there are several countries trying to sue China for compensation in the release of their bio-weapon virus. If they can prove this in court, we would be looking at multi-trillion dollar payout. We would end up owning China instead of them owning us. I guess the Director General of the WHO would then have to look for a new sugar daddy.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Answer to my quiz: none, I am the photographer.. :)

Fortunatley, that means my old, terrible, code can remain concealed somewhere in a forgotten folder of a seldom activated external drive..phew!