How are you all coping?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working from home, but my wife is a nurse and we have two children. So I'll be working crazy hours to cover my full time hours each week. Luckily my company is global so I can work evenings and over the weekend if I need to. But it will just be childcare and work for the next six months till all this is over.

How are you doing?

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My company has suspended me from 11 days without a salary. It is not known when I will return.
I am completing my past and abandoned projects.

My wife is suspended but she receives her salary for the moment but it is not known for the future if she will be fired.

As for the rest, I have a small courtyard where I can get some air. Sometimes I look out the door of the building. Every day we meet with friends in a group with ZOOM and spend a few hours in the company.

Last edited:

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How are you doing?
As best as we can... :) We (my 6 years old son and my wife) live in a flat, so no backyard to take a breath. We both work from home rigth now (not usually), but my company have asked me to spent my left last year hollydays to reduce cost.
We are at home 7 days ago. Everything fine rigth now, the problem is we don't know how much more time we should be here...

Come on, we can do it¡¡

Last edited:

Lahksman

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working from home since this week.
My 4-year old son is also home, so it's quite challenging to get my work done.

My wife still has to go to work, she works at a care-giving facility which houses mentally and physically challenged persons. Right now she is the only one in our house who goes outside for shopping and work. Me and my son stay at home and avoid all contact with other people.

Luckily we have a nice garden where my son can play and we can relax.

Stay safe everyone!!

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As a Musician it is coming up to what would normally be my busy time of year. Gigs I did already have in my diary have been cancelled and the enquiries I would normally be getting just aren't coming in. It's going to be a write off for me this year. There are some jobs that need doing around the house that may get done if I can get the materials.

I think I will hibernate until 2021.

I would just like to add that I am fortunate to be in a better situation than a lot of people, I am not in danger of losing my home (for the time being) and I feel very deeply for those that have this additional burden to worry about. Health is not just about being fit, or having enough to eat, mental anguish can be debilitating and cause no end of additional problems. I hope everybody comes through this in one piece.

Last edited:

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also confined at home since Monday. Only going out with my bike to buy some goods for me and also deliver to my parents.
In fact, as a freelance, I already worked at home 80% of the time, visiting local customers once a week. Now it has turned into 100% of pure remote work. Luckily I have some mid-term projects running so I'm busy, at least for now.

Life goes on, in a totally unexpected manner and direction, but goes on.🙂

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I work at a facility for disabled people (children and adults).

the school part has been closed since last friday but they still accepted kids who didn't have a place to stay while the parent were working.

Other parts of the daycare have been closed since yesterday aswell.

I'm forced to work from home as of today and probably for the coming 2 weeks.

I might go back there for half a day or so to install 2 new servers that are on their way and do the rest from home.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A few months ago I used an example of was the to use the smartphone as an IP cam and receive images on a PC a mobile device.
I made an application that allowed to follow and a conference remotely.

Who knows if something similar to Zoom can be achieved, but suitable for the current situation.
For example, that consumes as little bandwidth as possible for those with limited availability of gigabytes in the device

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
I do from home, it is like "normal" for me.

just have stopped going cafe to do my planning and fresh thinking. 😉 still visiting client almost as normal, but less less..
some clients have time now to "think" in hold-projects then we are looking them.

ah, no football ⚽️🏃‍♂️ :-(

Last edited:

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not much change for me, I usually only go out 2 times a week (Agoraphobia). Only thing different now is my granddaughter is off from school. So the internet will probably take a hammering.

I am surprised how companies are trying to help. I received an email off my mobile operator telling me from Monday I will have unlimited calls and an extra 10Gig of data whilst this isolation exists.

Time to get back to Netflix................

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Quarantine is still not enforced here, i dont even believe it will be enforced at all, luckily i actually work from home most of the time and many customers had already migrated to working from home.

That being said, i had to buy 2 packs of toilet paper because it was almost over and people in mass is not that smart.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
is that toilet paper craze overthere going on aswell?

in the newspaper someone wrote that the toilet paper ran out in the shop. on the parking place she saw a couple pushing 16+ packs of toilet paper in their car.
when she asked if she could buy one the man said that she should've come earlier to the shop and that she would have some.
the woman said after that "here take one, that's 25 euros then".

and then saying that people are helping each other in these tough times.

I have a newspaper subscription so when it's needed I'll use that. You'll get used to the rash or ink poisoning after a few days I guess ;)

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes unfortunately there are people that goes all selfishness, i believe and i hope they are the few.

Also, people is really underestimating Costco's ability to resupply. Most likely in a week or 2 shelfs will be full again.

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here we had the crazy toilet days a few days before confinement. After that, there was no problem with toilet paper supply...
someone said you can do masks with it...

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
is that toilet paper craze overthere going on aswell?

in the newspaper someone wrote that the toilet paper ran out in the shop. on the parking place she saw a couple pushing 16+ packs of toilet paper in their car.
when she asked if she could buy one the man said that she should've come earlier to the shop and that she would have some.
the woman said after that "here take one, that's 25 euros then".

and then saying that people are helping each other in these tough times.

I have a newspaper subscription so when it's needed I'll use that. You'll get used to the rash or ink poisoning after a few days I guess ;)
You have to explain that covid-19 does not cause diarrhea but respiratory failure

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i still work at the company. i hope it will stay like this. the company i work for is counted as a "necessary company" so its still open but with some limitations. over 600k people lost their jobs here in israel. very sad!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there are reports of dead people in some african countries aswell.

hospitals overthere are very minimal and not what it should be for a virus like this.
ok, they have experience with ebola just to name something but that also took thousands of lives.