iOS Question How can i use iOS Simulator?

Rafael Ruiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello.

I have xcode and local builder installed. Can you explain how to use the simulator? I have this message when i tried to Run the code: "Sending data to remote compiler. Error mobileprovision file not found."
I read in other post that an Apple account is not needed when working with the simulator. What can i do to run an app in the simulator?

Thanks in advance

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Choose Simulator as the device ip:

SS-2015-07-01_17.16.58.png

The simulator will start on the Mac.

Upvote 0

Rafael Ruiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. I have version 2.0 installed. Now i have a new error:

Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Error: No devices are booted.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the simulator is FANTASTIC ! :)

Great work as usual. Don't know but the possibility to access the ios simulator could be ANOTHER B4x feature "only"!!???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As to the simulator, it would be a great (sellling point and feature) if you could get this working remotely in hosted mode too. In windows, I believe it is possible to let a user connect to a remote windows computer and restrict the user to run/execute ONLY one program. If this would be possible with MAC and in addition running the remote session in a sandbox environment, you could set up a remote hosting server which could run the ios simulator. Of course this would also require some bandwidth but bandwidth and an adequate server is not a technical problem I believe but more of a financial issue.

Just some thoughts....

Upvote 0

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
Open iOS simulator from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/iOS Simulator.app
and use b4i builder 2 and in b4i select iOS simulator from Device ip

Upvote 0