how do I display an image I have downloaded via qr bar code scan

mb1793

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I am currently working on an application that downloads an image from the web via qr bar-code scan of a download link. When I run the program no error is given , bu the imageview remains blank . I've tried the flicker example using httputils2 and nothing seems to work. what am I doing wrong? why is the downloaded image not displaying ? I appreciate any help in advance.

thanks,

Attachments

• my closet - Copy - Copy.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 123

mb1793

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok thanks I apologize for that I have uploaded the file again properly.Iappreciate your help

Attachments

• mycloset3.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure that I understand your code:
B4X:
Sub myABBarcode_BarcodeFound (barCode As String, formatName As String)
   Activity.LoadLayout ("imagedisplay")
   Label1.Text = barCode ' establishes text on label#1 as a barcode reading
   'mResult = barCode ' establishes mresult as barcode reading
End Sub
This code will not start any activity. It will just load the layout file named imagedisplay.bal.

Upvote 0

mb1793

Licensed User
Longtime User
so would i use an activity initialize statement ? i apologize i am a fairly new to this .the closest example that ive been able to find in to my problem is the httputils 2 flickr example. and i am unable to infer upon a solution from that code.

Upvote 0

mb1793

Licensed User
Longtime User
when I attempt to use the start activity command I receive an error message saying that I am missing a parameter. and when I attempt to set the image message as my background it appears under the previous activities.Is there a way to set the image as my background if my program creates multiple activities stacked 1 upon the other?

Upvote 0

madSac

Licensed User
Longtime User
....when I attempt to set the image message as my background it appears under the previous activities.Is there a way to set the image as my background if my program creates multiple activities stacked 1 upon the other?

You will have to handle download result in new activity or you will have to call function in new activity after downloading the image.

Upvote 0