Android Question How to add multiple of "Horizontal CustomListView" inside "Vertical CustomListView" ?

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear all,
Greetings,

How to add multiple of "Horizontal CustomListView" inside "Vertical CustomListView" ?
i.e each "Horizontal CustomListView" seam as raw inside "Vertical CustomListView".

Thanks on advance.
Regards

teddybear

Licensed User
Hi,
Greetings,

How can I add Image, text,... in each item of horizontal CLV.
I failed to layout by this command pp.LoadLayout("card") (where card is layout include panel, image, ...)
Any help , please.
best regards
Information is not enough
you'd better post a log or small project

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
You need to test CLV which IsInitialized instead of NULL in intercept event of the CLVNested module.
B4X:
[S][S]Private Sub tpc_OnInterceptTouchEvent (Action As Int, X As Float, Y As Float, MotionEvent As Object) As Boolean
    If Action = base.TOUCH_ACTION_DOWN Then
        Dim inner As CustomListView = GetInnerCLVFromTouch(X, Y)
        'If inner <> Null Then         'Modified it to below'
        if inner.IsInitialized Then     '<===== Add it =====
            ScrollingCLV = inner
            ScrollingCLVHorizontal = IsHorizontalCLV
            StartOffset = GetOffset(X, Y)
            Scrolled = False
            ScrollPosition =  GetOffset(ScrollingCLV.sv.ScrollViewOffsetX, ScrollingCLV.sv.ScrollViewOffsetY)
            Return True
        End If
    End If
    Return False
End Sub[/S][/S]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Mr. teddybear

Where I can add this function ?
I added it after Activity_Create () function , it gave me errors, many errors
Kindly can you add it in attached project and re-attached project after your modification, please.
Best regards

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Dear Mr. teddybear

Where I can add this function ?
I added it after Activity_Create () function , it gave me errors, many errors
Kindly can you add it in attached project and re-attached project after your modification, please.
Best regards
I didn't add any function , the sub tpc_OnInterceptTouchEvent it is in the module CLVNested of the CLVNested.zip which you attached

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn't add any function , the sub tpc_OnInterceptTouchEvent it is in the module CLVNested of the CLVNested.zip which you attached
Dear Mr. teddybear
Ok, I tested your modification ,
But the App. stop with any touch on scroll.
Any other solution please ?
Best regards

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Any other solution please ?
Dear Mr. AdamDam:
I had made some extensive changes to your project to make it work. I hope it suits you. I had to comment 2 subs in CLVNested class module to make it work. Also I made many other changes especially in your placement of the layouts, etc. It works, but you can fine tune it and paly with it.

Attachments

• CLVNestedOriginalCorrectedByMahares.zip
    24.9 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Mr Mahares

Really many thanks, it is work well.
Can you kindly, help me in solving these related questions :

- How can I get value or index of clicked item, (where function CLVItem_ItemClick (Index As Int, Value As Object) return same Index, value even in differenet horizontal scroll (different row), all row return index start from 0 to 10 ) So, I can't know the real index of clicked item.

- How can I reference certain item to change it's image ?
- Can I add image (icon) for each category (beside category name).
- Can I add/delete item in certain row after whole CLV constructed ?

many thanks again for your solving my big problem
Best regards

Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
The important answer for this question : How can I get value or index of clicked item ??

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The important answer for this question : How can I get value or index of clicked item ??
I have modified the project so you can get the index and value of the clicked item. When you click on the image the image changes to a flag of a country image., but I could not get it to change the label to the name of the country. When you click on the item away from the image , it logs the value and index. The value is an array of 3 elements:
But I still don't like the fact that I had to comment the subs in the CLVNested class module to make it work. SOmething is still not completely right I am doing. The 2 subs I commented to avoid a crash are: Private Sub tpc_OnInterceptTouchEvent and Private Sub GetInnerCLVFromTouch. Maybe someone can check it out. The attached project has all the changes:
B4X:
Sub CLVItem_ItemClick (Index As Int, Value As Object)
    Log("index in clicked item row: " & Index)
    Dim v() As Object = Value
    Log($"Value of item clicked: ${v(0)}  ${v(1)}"$)   '<----  
    Log("Overallindex: " & v(2))  
End Sub
Example of a log:
index in clicked item row: 6
Value of item clicked: 7 Category 2
Overallindex: 16

Attachments

• CLVNestedOriginalCorrectedByMahares021123.zip
    47 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Upvote 0

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Mahares your question about the two subs. Pressing buttons below the CLV result in index = -1
Edit: I tried a few things to prevent this but they caused other errors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Pressing buttons below the CLV result in index = -1
Edit: I tried a few things to prevent this but they caused other errors.
I don't understand why you got an error. I downloaded the project I posted in the previous post and extracted it and ran it by clicking either of those two buttons and it worked. But those 2 subs have to be commented for it to work. If they are not commented, you get the error you got.

Upvote 0

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
I uncommented the subs to try to see why they wouldn't work.
I found it on line 55 of CLVNested where it should have returned False (so views further down the tree would have a chance to respond)

I have also made some minor modifications to Main. Implemented the color tab (similar to image tab). Added a piece in Item_Image_Click to modify label and
show navigation info, since this consumes the event and CLVItem_ItemClick is not executed.

I have never used OnInterceptTouchEvent, so I had to learn about it. It's Saturday and I had some time on my hands.

Also, I like to see @Mahares solutions to things, it is always educational.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I like to see the project with your changes William, because I am stuck now without a better solution. That's why I posted

Upvote 0

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK I forgot to attach it. I marked my changes with <---- (took out your marks)
edit: in OnInterceptTouchEvent, my change is 2 lines further down than my mark

Attachments

• CLVNestedOriginalCorrectedByMahares.zip
    47.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OnInterceptTouchEvent, my change is 2 lines further down than my mark
The only change I noticed you made in the class module is replace Return False with Return True in Private Sub tpc_OnInterceptTouchEvent
Are there any other changes in that particular class I missed.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…