Other How to ask a question

kickaha

Licensed User
Longtime User
Having helped with a few problems on here, I have some advice on how to get the best response to your questions:

1) Start a new thread for each separate problem, then others can find it easier when searching.

2) Make sure the thread title sums up the problem.

3) Try to give all the details of your problem.

4) If you have code that is not working, post ALL the relevant code as the problem may not be where you think it is.

5) Please post when your problem has been solved (the people helping you like the feedback):)

Posting like this makes it easier for the people who offer help, so you will get help quicker.

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Explain any obscure details to get more help

I've never seen such a community with so many nice people willing to help!

If you think about it then these people are sharing their hard-earned knowledge for free! Very selfless, very generous, in all a very giving community, we are very lucky.

When you ask a question, step back and think how people are going to read it, they all want to help and show off their excellent knowledge but they (we) need enough of the facts to be able to help.

If you can, then knock up a quick demo of your problem and include your project as a zip, B4a makes that very easy.

You can make a test app in about a minute! See this link:

The super quick way to knock-up a test app!

Just make a new project in a new folder with one Activity, one button and use the Log("this should display X " & x) function and on your main activity put a label 'Look in the log' :) easy!

Explain acronyms :) don't just say 'I need help with the TLA server' and just presume that we know what that means, why should we have to go searching to find out what it is that YOU need help with?

Make it easy to read your posts, make it interesting and you will quickly get all the help that you need.

A good test is that when you ask a question, how many replies do you get?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eric H

Licensed User
Longtime User
How to post your code in the forums:

2r70s5i.png

Upvote 0

Manuel Eras Larios

Licensed User
Longtime User
AYUDA POR FAVOR, tengo un problema a la hora de imprimir vis Bluetooth, tengo una Zebra MZ310, cuando se imprimir una segunda copia imprimir al inicio una línea de la primer impresión.

Upvote 0

XorAndOr

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I just finished 2 app, and I would put in (Share My Creations). I would like to know whether to

publish and share my creations (required) to attach the app is as apk or source ?. In my case are 2 app

combined with a hardware, so it would be useless to attach the source or the apk. The purpose and let

people know that you can accomplish with B4A app also complex.(sorry transl google). Regards

Upvote 0

XorAndOr

Licensed User
Longtime User
See Post #1 and #1 of this thread and think over what could be wrong in posting your Question to a thread from 2011?
Hi, thanks DonManfred, I thought it was the tread to make some general questions, since it is not related to scheduling problems. I will use the Italian forum for my question, thanks

Upvote 0