Android Question How to develop an app for a cheap smart watch?

newSteve

Licensed User
Longtime User
I recently bought a (very) cheap smart watch, running some version of android. After a little research, it looks like you can install applications in the form of a package with a .vxp extension, by running it through the file manager. I don't know if it is limited to that. I haven't tried anything yet - I thought I would see if anyone has any knowledge on the subject.

This watch seems to have pretty good functionality for the ridiculously low price. It is 240x240, has a camera, voice recorder, bluetooth, it can be a standalone phone, takes a 32 GB memory card. I can't find a lot of info on it, but it is similar to a DZ09 if that helps.

I'm thinking, at the price of these watches, if I could develop some simple applications, they could possibly provide inexpensive solutions for businesses, etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Does anyone know how to create a .vxp file, or do you think an apk would work?

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

newSteve

Licensed User
Longtime User

Yes, that's pretty much it. I links up to the phone via bluetooth for some functionality, and I can load up their app for more if I want. I think I saw something that goes along with what Erel mentioned from the company Mediatek. I can do C++, but not sure if it's worth it between that and a new SDK without a specific project goal. Thanks for the answer.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…