Android Question How to exit custom home screen launcher

abdulla

Licensed User
Longtime User
I followed the link below from B4A Forum

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...p-into-a-home-screen-launcher-with-b4a.26001/

And created an Application named "myapp" that would act as home screen launcher or Kiosk App. , so it worked worked fine and it launched my app at Phone Restart time instead of the normal android home screen once i started the app i get dialog box asking which launcher to select ( touchwhiz or myapp ) and always so once i select myapp it makes myapp is the home screen , but i am looking for a way How to exit , i mean i wanted to put a button on the application ( myapp) main screen labeled "Exit " , i used the following B4A Commands but i see that the myapp come back again on display i could not get out of it to display Normal Android home screen :

ExitApplication

Activity.Finish

I will Appreciate any help , and thanks in Advance .

abdulla

Licensed User
Longtime User
You cannot exit the home screen app. The process will be restarted again by the OS.
Ok , And thanks Erel for your quick reply and answer , But what i am looking for actually is that , when i execute myapp , the default launcher becomes "myapp" , that is after i select it from the system dialog box , How can i set it back again to the original "Touchwhiz Home" or whatever original Home screen that comes with Android phone, actually i am looking for the code that will accomplish this task.

I will appreciate any help and thanks again.

Upvote 0