Android Question How to hide debugging popup message on device?

FERNANDO SILVEIRA

Licensed User
Good evening, folks!

I'm debuging an app but the "Program paused on line: xxx" message is covering an important information on the device's screen that I'd like to see.

For now, following execution step-by-step on the IDE interface is enough for me.

Is it possible to debug an app and disable temporarily the above message on the device?

Regards,
Fernando

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191021-223043.png
    Screenshot_20191021-223043.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 219

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can Log the values
B4X:
Log(lblLetter(indOrigem).Background)
Log(wColorBackground)

or

B4X:
LogColor(lblLetter(indOrigem).Background, Colors.Blue)
LogColor(wColorBackground, Colors.Red)

or use
B4X:
ToastMessageShow(wColorBackground, False)

Upvote 0

FERNANDO SILVEIRA

Licensed User
Thank you, Aeric

That's what I'm doing, but I still would like to toggle show/hide that message in the device in certain moments. Or always.

Regards, Fernando

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, Aeric

That's what I'm doing, but I still would like to toggle show/hide that message in the device in certain moments. Or always.

Regards, Fernando
use a flag and your own ToastMessageShow method
or for each
if showDebugMessage then ToastMessageShow

toggle this flag via key or menu

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
i would collect a limit of messages in a list first and show it at need.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i would collect a limit of messages in a list first and show it at need.
how would you collect the message? Note that the error happens when the app crashes.
I mean; the TO is stepping through debug mode and the dialog shown is from the debugger.
I would use LOG instead. honestly i use DEBUG mode very rare.

Usually i do compile in release mode and check the log when my app crashes instead of using DEBUG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
there is also a Application_Error method in the service if this message pop up if there is not error handling with try catch.
ohh it is only for release mode.

Upvote 0

FERNANDO SILVEIRA

Licensed User
how would you collect the message? Note that the error happens when the app crashes.
I mean; the TO is stepping through debug mode and the dialog shown is from the debugger.
I would use LOG instead. honestly i use DEBUG mode very rare.

Usually i do compile in release mode and check the log when my app crashes instead of using DEBUG

Thank you Don,

I use log, messages and special label fields to show something of interest during debug as well... Unfortunatelly I can't completely avoid debug mode which is a wonderful tool...
What I was looking at is a way to show/not show that dialog on the device... Specially when it covers visual elements whose behavior I'm trying to understand during debug.
For this

Maybe this toggle on/off show debug message on the device may be a nice to have future feature.

Fot this specific case I was able to move visual elements away from debug message, but this is not always possible.

Cheers!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_AFTER.png
    Screenshot_AFTER.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot_BEFORE.png
    Screenshot_BEFORE.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 0