Android Question How to hide the keyboard on SearchTemplate (Options) of B4XPreferencesDialog?

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This question is similar to this, but about the AddOptionsItem (B4XSearchTemplate) in B4XPreferencesDialog.

The keyboard is auto opened when options list is showed.

Without modifying the B4XPreferencesDialog lib, can I hide the keyboard on first show ?
User should be able to open keyboard on touch of 'Search' text box.

P.S.: the dialog has a text field in the first place that shows the keyboard when it show. I want to hide the dialog only when the options list is show in the first time.

Any tips are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

LucaJones

B4XPreferencesDialog may not have a built in way to control the keyboard behavior in this specific scenario without library modification.
You might need to explore workarounds like tapping outside the dialog to dismiss the keyboard after opening.

Upvote 0

captaincringe

This question is similar to this, but about the AddOptionsItem (B4XSearchTemplate) in B4XPreferencesDialog.

The keyboard is auto opened when options list is showed.

Without modifying the B4XPreferencesDialog lib, can I hide the keyboard on first show ?
User should be able to open keyboard on touch of 'Search' text box..

P.S.: the dialog has a text field in the first place that shows the keyboard when it show. I want to hide the dialog only when the options list is show in the first time.

Any tips are welcome.
Thanks in advance.
In your B4XPreferencesDialog code, handle the Show event of the B4XSearchTemplate. Check this if there may be an error.

Upvote 0