Android Code Snippet How to increase your Consent Rate for your GDPR CMP in Google funding Choices

Hi Friends,
As you maybe know Google can completely turn off your Ads, if EU users do not consent in GDPR CMP pop-up and there is no working solution for that. But there are some strategies that I use for increase Consent Rate that lead to show/serve more Ads and increase Monetization.
Please share your thoughts and strategies
Hope it may be useful to you

1. When you setup your GDPR Massage you can create the message with: A. two options (Consent / Manage options) or B. with three options (Consent / Do not Consent / Manage options), it highly recommended to choose A. with two options (Consent / Manage options).
aa.jpg

if you select B. three options (Consent / Do not Consent / Manage options), most likely users will select "Do not Consent ", but if you choose A. two options (Consent / Manage options), they can either press "Consent" button or if they select "manage options" and will have more options to configure in there, so most likely users would avoid having to deal with that complications so they will just likely go back and consent instead.

2. change title of button from "Consent" to "I understand", This doesn't necessarily tell them that they are consenting to something, just confirming that they understand the content of your pop-up message, so you are most likely going to get click for the right button.

B.jpg

3. Check Consent status, and if your user did not consent, show CMP message again at next application run.
By AdsHelper class (this and this) you can only understand if user submitted the CMP message or not, but you can't understand if users consent or didn't (and also users selection is enough for serving ads or not), Get_CMP_Status function can return different value for "OBTAINED" when user consent or didn't consent.
Ref.

B4X:
    If Get_CMP_Status = 31  Then
        AdsHelper.ResetConsentStatus
    End If

'Return Value = 0: UNKNOWN, 1: NOT_REQUIRED, 2: REQUIRED, 3: OBTAINED, 31: OBTAINED (didno Consent, BAD), 32: OBTAINED (Consent, GOOD)
Private Sub Get_CMP_Status As Int
    Dim ctxt As JavaObject: ctxt.InitializeContext
    Dim Preferences As JavaObject
    Dim SharedPreferences As JavaObject = Preferences.InitializeStatic("android.preference.PreferenceManager").RunMethod("getDefaultSharedPreferences", Array(ctxt))

Dim javamap As Object = SharedPreferences.RunMethod("getAll", Null)
    Dim all As Map: all.Initialize
    Dim mo As JavaObject = all: mo.RunMethod("putAll", Array(javamap))

Dim gdprApplies As Int = all.GetDefault("IABTCF_gdprApplies", -1)
    Dim PublisherCC As String = all.GetDefault("IABTCF_PublisherCC", "*")
    Dim VendorConsents As String = all.GetDefault("IABTCF_VendorConsents", "")
    Dim CmpSdkID As Int = all.GetDefault("IABTCF_CmpSdkID", 0)

Dim Ret As Int = 0        'gdprApplies = -1
    If gdprApplies = 0 Then Ret = 1
    If gdprApplies = 1 Then
        Ret = 2
        If PublisherCC <> "*" Then
            Ret = 3
            If VendorConsents = "0" Then Ret = 31
            If VendorConsents.Length > 10 Then Ret = 32
        End If
    End If
    If Ret> 0 And CmpSdkID <> 300 Then LogColor("Warning: Check CMP Function", Colors.Red)
    Return Ret
End Sub

Last edited:

Sifu

Thanks very much. I'm also planning to have ads in a future version.
I don't know if I will use google or another provider for ads. Google is paying per click on an ad, not per view.
Other provider pay similar or pay per view (per 1000 it's mostly, similar as per click) and affiliate pay per sold item via you.

(Also smart from Google, your users see the ad, but if they don't click you get nothing and still they did see the ad, so it's partly a free ride.) Correct me if I'm wrong.
A bit of extra income would be great, so you can pay your hosting and support b4x.

So how many people do actually click on a ad provided by Google? Because that is when you get paid.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. When you setup your GDPR Massage you can create the message with: A. two options (Consent / Manage options) or B. with three options (Consent / Do not Consent / Manage options), it highly recommended to choose A. with two options (Consent / Manage options).
View attachment 123344
if you select B. three options (Consent / Do not Consent / Manage options), most likely users will select "Do not Consent ", but if you choose A. two options (Consent / Manage options), they can either press "Consent" button or if they select "manage options" and will have more options to configure in there, so most likely users would avoid having to deal with that complications so they will just likely go back and consent instead.

2. change title of button from "Consent" to "I understand", This doesn't necessarily tell them that they are consenting to something, just confirming that they understand the content of your pop-up message, so you are most likely going to get click for the right button.

View attachment 123345

This is a great dribble in the court of marketing. Thumbs up for you. It is the same as replacing the words "buy" or "pay" with the word "acquire" because the other choices are scary for the buyer.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
(Also smart from Google, your users see the ad, but if they don't click you get nothing and still they did see the ad, so it's partly a free ride.) Correct me if I'm wrong.
A bit of extra income would be great, so you can pay your hosting and support b4x.

So how many people do actually click on a ad provided by Google? Because that is when you get paid.

I can definitely answer you that 99,9% of the time I do not click on ads. I will only click an ad if it is intriguing to my interests.

Last edited:

Hadi57

AFAIK if a user (in European Union) don't consent, google won't serve any ads, so that user can't see ads.

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
My question here is, if following this strategy
Check Consent status, and if your user did not consent, show CMP message again at next application run.
flirting with Google Play removal. I don't know if you are allowed to show this message at every app start if answer is 31.

Hadi57

My question here is, if following this strategy

flirting with Google Play removal. I don't know if you are allowed to show this message at every app start if answer is 31.
I don't think Google have problem with asking Consent user more than one time from a device.

because Consent status save in user device (Shared Preferences) and if a user clear cash or reinstall app Consent need to ask from user again. and many user use to clear cash to reset game.

I have this code in one of my games and Google didn't remove or reject it until now. But I can't guarantee that the routine is completely safe, if you have any experience or reference that Google have problem with that, please share it.