iOS Question I am looking at putting mine on the App Store.

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have provisioning profiles and everything done to great my ios binary file. What about the splash screens? They don't show up in debug. Is there a step by step tutorial of putting your iOS app up but building it with the right icons and splash screens (i did change them in the folder), but there seems to be no code for splash - I thought this was OS driven. It must be, as we cannot determine parameters, that's why iOS via xCode has all the variations.

So my basic question is, how to turn a working application that appears to use the icons properly load using a splash screen (OS driven) and then for future programming detect which screen/orientation it used so you may be able to keep it there and do some transition or please wait. Then how to compile and upload to apple for app store?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no built-in support for splash screens in iOS.

You are probably referring to the launch images: https://developer.apple.com/library...rience/Conceptual/MobileHIG/LaunchImages.html
Note that Apple specifically discourage the use of these images for splash screens.

B4i adds three white launch images automatically:

SS-2015-01-04_17.41.52.png

You can use different images by placing your own images with the same names under Files\Special

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi totally understand all that. Done heaps of raw xcode stuff but my question was that in the release version (sorry I did mean launch not splash just lingo) even after changing all launch images there is not even a flash of a millisecond of a launch image on a 4s running ios 8.1. I would have thought at least a second on an older device with all the java libraries. But nothing. Is there an equivalent to a beforedidload but even that would be out of my control as it is after the native launch images should have appeared. Is there a demo with launch images? Even the app store sample your great self wrote doesn't have them. Is that a directory structure issue or bug or maybe something unseen? Also in native launch images can rotate too so you need to know in order to prepare your layout.... Examples or tutorials of working ones?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would have thought at least a second on an older device with all the java libraries
There are no Java libraries. B4i creates 100% native apps.

There is always a launch image showing when the process starts. It is a plain white image. You don't need to worry about this at all as B4i apps start very quick.

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok i have made mine very colourful...so if thoretically (although i know the rules of the appstore) i put a timer in there of 3 seconds, I'd see it. It's just bang straight up!

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi no matter what I do (I changed all the images) I cannot see a launch image on my iPhone 4s. What could it be?
I put a count from 1 to 10000000 in the beginning before drawing any page.
Is there a list or an explorer of each object to find the events. The equivalent to ViewDidLoad, and the myriad of iOS combinations, is there several Application events somewhere?

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the problem is the launch image for iPhone 4s doesn't work. I have added them as extra files default.png and [email protected], 320x480 and 640x960, yet no joy ever getting a launch image. How do I force it to use the proper launch image?

Upvote 0