I want to see success stories of B4a devs!

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i remember when i make a copy of flappy bird original, in 2:23 hours = 7832 downloads *-*
on the 2:25 i m banned of google play xD

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I feel the smell of lies.

To earn $ 300/day with advertising, even though I do not know those kind of ads, users should be many tens of thousands/day.

Also, there is 30% for Google and the taxes.

Believe me or don't - I don't really care (except that you called me a liar). The point of the post was to show that you don't have to be a large organization to make some money from apps - & that Erel has opened up a viable way of potentially making money that many of us wouldn't have had without spending considerable time & effort learning Java. I'm not going to post screenshots from my AdMob account, but get your calculator & work this out:

This month so far:

Impressions: 1,518,193
Click Through Rate: 1.83% (27,813 clicks)
Impression RPM (revenue per thousand): $2.98 (US)
I'll let you figure out what that equals in $ so far this month...

& Ilan is correct - the 30% that goes to Google is only for app sales. The revenue from ads is a commission that's paid to the publisher (app developer) based on what the advertisers have bid to have their ads shown.

- Colin.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User

I wasn't aware that Yahtzee was a trademark until very recently. Having grown up playing the game (& written my first version of it almost 20 years ago), I honestly thought that Yahtzee was just a commonly used term (which it is). I'm actually in the process of trademarking a new name (not so much for my own protection, but so I know that I'm not infringing anyone else's name) & once it's done I will change to it. Interestingly, my IP attorney tells me that every game currently in Play Store that has a variant of the Yahtzee name (Yachty, Yatzy, etc...) can also be argued to be infringing because they are potentially creating confusion as to who the publisher of the game is.

- Colin.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

As I wrote, I do not know these things about advertising.

"Impression RPM (revenue per thousand): $2.98 (US)"

means it that for every thousand impressions (uses?) have earned almost $ 3?

then with a million and a half of impressions, are $ 4,500 in 15 days?

To get a half million impressions you will have 15 million downloads?

However, I had read that for the click, much more rewarding impressions, they would pay much less.

I'm sorry, I did not call you a liar, but I trust very little people (have you read the story of Flappy Bird?)

What is your app?

[found, Yatzee]

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'll let you figure out what that equals in $ so far this month...

it should be around 4500$ am i right?? (i dont know how to do the calculation)

Last edited:

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User

I work in a very specialized area (& have done for about 20 years), so the salaries are a little higher than average. Prior to switching to AdMob, I made about $7,500 in about 9-10 months. This was using Tap For Tap & Leadbolt. I stopped using Leadbolt because AVG was reporting my apps as threats because of Leadbolt & Leadbolt wouldn't do anything about it. I stopped using Tap For Tap, because the revenues were comparatively low - but TfT was good for generating installs through their tap exchange. I picked up about 1,500 new users through that, which isn't a lot, but it did help boost the numbers in the early days.

Apart from that, the only active promotion I've done was to pay $50 for Android Apps Review to do an expedited review of Yahtzee! (http://www.androidappsreview.com/2014/07/29/yahtzee-free-android-game/) - but that was quite recent & I didn't really see any spike in installs as a result. A few weeks after the review, they actually featured it on their home page, so that was an added bonus. Since that review I made a few changes to the UI to make it a bit more attractive!

I think I just got lucky in that Yahtzee is a pretty popular game anyway & I made a variant of it that people seem to like, even though it's pretty basic & ugly.

- Colin.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Works it only in local network or over Internet?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BTW, calculate 7 years (at least) how many apps for $300/day

do you think every app does 300$/day and also if there are ups and downs

so why not go for something stable like create a platform like b4a

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…