I want to see success stories of B4a devs!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wonder why you still keep complaining when you earn that much?

Do you add all that to your tax papers aswell?

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you add all that to your tax papers aswell?
I'm opening a company in order to receive these high values .

I wonder why you still keep complaining when you earn that much?
I share to motivate members forum.
I made a app in b4a/b4j and i m making money with this, i am one of the worst programmers forum here and I have succeeded.
And its my sucess stories, all month i made +, i know anothers members of this forum making 100x more then me =) but never comented to motivate anyone here.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy for you that you succeeded like that but seeing that might demotivate people who earn $1/month aswell ;)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy for you that you succeeded like that but seeing that might demotivate people who earn $1/month aswell ;)

I do not agree.

They may think it's impossible to reach those receipts, after their "failure".

Also...

I started many months ago, a similar project, a b4j server and B4A clients.
I had to stop it, but I hope that I will have your advices, when I will take it again, Douglas.

Congratulations!

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know a member of this forum with 3 Milions coming to 4 :) (made 100x + then me for month xD)
but I promised not to mention his name

Yes the b4a made a millionaire here, made with b4a app on ggplay with simple app xD

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes the b4a made a millionaire here, made with b4a app on ggplay with simple app xD

Do not mention his name, but the kind of app?

And do not forget to help other programmers (one randomly chosen: me :p )
I started many months ago, a similar project, a b4j server and B4A clients.
I had to stop it, but I hope that I will have your advices, when I will take it again, Douglas.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is not my goal, my goal is 8k but google are crazy cpc and rpm

what you did in 1 month i did in 1 year so why are you complaining??

5500$ is lot of money...

here in israel the minimum wage is 4500 shekel thats about 1050$ so you do like 5 times more...

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I share to motivate members forum.
I made a app in b4a/b4j and i m making money with this, i am one of the worst programmers forum here and I have succeeded.
And its my success stories, all month i made +, i know other members of this forum making 100x more then me =) but never comented to motivate anyone here.
It's not very often that I click to 'like' your posts @Douglas Farias but well done pal. I hope this does indeed go on to inspire more programmers. It's a perfect example for anyone that may be out of work and needs to constructively fill they're time or for those just looking for another career opportunity.

I am truly pleased for you, well done! ;)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope this does indeed go on to inspire more programmers.

I guess it would inspire people more if they knew what kind of app his secret social app is.
It's something focused on Brazil people apparently so I don't see an issue to give the type/name away. (other did too with Yahtzee and that split screen thingy)

It's not that someone from Israel will put his focus on Brazil users only.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
if they knew what kind of app his secret social app is
It's a social app where people do share their pictures stored on a server (I guess it is an app like "rate my breast, etc...)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
also if he will say the name of the app and the kind of the app it doesnot mean that if you clone it you will make like he does

if so, there are tousends of great apps outside that makes millions and lot of clones that doesnot...

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I am not sure at all but when I had analyzed all the request, I came to that conclusion.

I thought people used the facebook app, twitter or that ghost icon chat for it.
I am sure that some people do use specific apps for that. Because they are in that context, because it is simplest for them to use a dedicated app. And if you scout a bit, you'll find many apps dedicated to those ratings (rate my egf, any part of my body, and so on)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
also if he will say the name of the app and the kind of the app it doesnot mean that if you clone it you will make like he does

if so, there are tousends of great apps outside that makes millions and lot of clones that doesnot...

true, he doesn't need to be affraid that his earnings will drop drastically because there is a clone that might even focus only on public from another country.

focussing on brazil vs belgium is a difference of 20 times more people (Brasil 200 Million, Belgium 10 million) so that will reflect in the income rate aswell.

something globalized MIGHT be even better tho :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
upload_2017-7-10_11-15-59.png

come on LucaMs you are a great coder, and you promised yourself to publish at least 10 apps in 2015!!

i want to see you sucess story soon!!

:eek::confused::(

:)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have two successful games right now on the Play Store

Invaders 2017 has 310k downloads and has made a total of £11,500 in adsense revenue over the last year
Invaders: Deluxe has 35k downloads and a revenue of 1,770 in adsense revenue since 1st March this year.

I know this will upset some of you that are trying really hard and not seeing much success, but I started publishing games 3 years ago, and it's only the last 8 months that I've started to make any money. I still think it's mainly luck, and that I choose very popular retro game types to base my games on. I try to keep the game play as a simple as possible, keep the install size low and have started buying graphics on sites like graphicriver to make my games look more appealing. I use B4A with Libgdx and am planning lots more games over the next year but due to daytime work commitments and family life my time is very limited. If anyone wants to form a team with me and help me get these games done, then my existing playerbase may serve as a good base to get the nex games popular and make some more money that I would split with who ever helps me.