Android Question I would like to be app maker :)

DarGee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, I have one question. I would like to do application for android but I don't have knowledge about programing. I'm housewife. Do you think is it possible if I learn programing by reading? Today I go to bookstore have some books about programing but I don't know which program should be learn.
- FORTRAN programing
- COBOL programing
- Pascal programing
could you tell me which one is most similar with BASIC programing? (I can't find BASIC programing) or another kind of books can help me more understand about B4A program. Thank you for your help.:):):):)

PS. I forget to tell I download all of pdf file in B4A as User guide, Beginner guide, B4A first step, B4Acode but my English not good. its better than if I can read by Vietnam or Thai Language.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
First of all the bad news, so I immediately become sympathetic :D:
if you want to develop as a hobby it is ok, as a profession... better go fishing (I say this even to myself).

The three languages that you have cited are outdated and, of course, not suitable for the mobile development.

But I understand what you mean; if I had to start from scratch, I would buy a book about VB.Net, would install Visual Studio 2012 Express, I would find many examples and would study those. Finally, I would start with B4A.

Upvote 0

Straker

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's better some book about VB6 (visual Basic 6) which, comapred to Vb.Net, is more similar to B4A.
But also VB6 is outdated...

Upvote 0

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Jump straight to b4j, then b4a.
And as you learn we will help you, I'm sure we will. ;) welcome.

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I personally suggest it best to start by looking at the samples in the pdf files you have already downloaded. Try them and make little changes to see how they work. Ask questions on anything you don't understand, there's always someone waiting to help here (we're a very friendly and patient bunch :D).
Next move onto some of the code samples on the forum and then decide on what you want your first app to do. Ask advice for the best way to start then just give it a go. Post your code and someone will show you a better way of doing it (there's always more than one way to program).
Most of all, don't struggle for too long and don't be afraid to ask. Programming should be fun and is very rewarding!

Kind regards,
RandomCoder

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I personally suggest it best to start by looking at the samples in the pdf files you have already downloaded. Try them and make little changes to see how they work. Ask questions on anything you don't understand, there's always someone waiting to help here (we're a very friendly and patient bunch :D).
Next move onto some of the code samples on the forum and then decide on what you want your first app to do. Ask advice for the best way to start then just give it a go. Post your code and someone will show you a better way of doing it (there's always more than one way to program).
Most of all, don't struggle for too long and don't be afraid to ask. Programming should be fun and is very rewarding!

Kind regards,
RandomCoder

Start with a good book!

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
- FORTRAN programing
- COBOL programing
- Pascal programing

And the answer is, None of the above.
as Luca advised you.

Start with Visual Basic 6.0 because it is very easy.
You will need a headstart from someone in the beginning, and as Klaus suggested Theera can help you I believe, because he lives in Vietnam too.
Then Jump to B4A.
I have Visual Studio 6 Enterprise edition on CD from very long time and it contains VB6, and can lend it to you if you wanted.. but again, you need a headstart, or may
be you can check:
http://www.e-booksdirectory.com/details.php?ebook=2267

Upvote 0

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
And where she could find B4j books (Vietnam or Thai Language!) ? Nowhere.
There is a bunch of examples here on this site.
And as she learn programming language she should learn english too. There is no point of learning any programing language without knowing at least a basics of english language, because majority of programming languages are based on english.
Maybe there is no a very basics examples on this site (what is variable, how to declare one, what is sub-function etc), but we all can help in that part. :) .
Good luck anyway!

Upvote 0