B4i Library iAdMob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest version: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/firebase-admob-v3-00.144798/#content

iAdMob v1.10 adds support for interstitial ads (full screen ads).

In order to show an interstitial ad you need to first request an ad and wait for the Ready event.
If Success is true then there is an ad ready to be displayed. You can then call iad.Show(Page) to show it.
You can also call iad.RequestAd again to request a new ad.

Note that you can show test ads by calling:
B4X:
iad.SetTestDevices(Array("121212121212")) 'id that is displayed in the logs
The ready event:
B4X:
Sub iad_Ready (Success As Boolean)
   If Success Then
     Log("iad is ready.")
     iad.Show(Page1)
   Else
     Log("Failed to load full screen ad: " & LastException)
   End If
End Sub

Note that you can show the ad after this event. This event only means that there is an ad ready to be displayed.

Library installation

iAdMob is an internal library now. It is preinstalled with the IDE.

If you are using a local Mac builder you need to download the new SDK and copy GoogleMobileAds.framework to the Libs folder: www.b4x.com/b4i/files/libGoogleAdMobAds.a.zip

Update:

Starting from Google Maps Ads SDK v7.42.0 it is required to add these lines:
B4X:
#PlistExtra: <key>GADIsAdManagerApp</key><true/>
#AdditionalLib: libsqlite3.dylib
#AdditionalLib: libz.dylib
#AdditionalLib: WebKit.framework

Last edited:

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

I tried the intestital ads. my code is :
iad.initialize ...
aid.request ad

And

Sub iad_Ready (Success AsBoolean)If Success ThenLog("iad is ready.")
iad.Show(Page1)ElseLog("Failed to load full screen ad: " & LastException)EndIf
End Sub

I did not set a test account. I cant get any ads . and in debug screen sont see any logs. Do ı have to set test device to see the ads or is there a problem ?

In order to show an interstitial ad you need to first request an ad and wait for the Ready event.
If Success is true then there is an ad ready to be displayed. You can then call iad.Show(Page) to show it.

B4X:
The ready event:
B4X:
   If Success Then
     Log("iad is ready.")
     iad.Show(Page1)
   Else
   End If
End Sub

Note that you can show the ad after this event. This event only means that there is an ad ready to be displayed.

Library installation

The zip file contains three files with the following extensions: .xml, .a and .h.
You need to copy the xml file to the internal libraries folder on the Windows computer.
If you are using a local Mac builder then you need to copy the .a and .h files to the Mac Libs folder.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel if i use showad with a button it shows the ad but it does not with sub iad_ready.

B4X:
The ready event:
B4X:
   If Success Then
     Log("iad is ready.")
     iad.Show(Page1)
   Else
   End If
End Sub

Library installation

The zip file contains three files with the following extensions: .xml, .a and .h.
You need to copy the xml file to the internal libraries folder on the Windows computer.
If you are using a local Mac builder then you need to copy the .a and .h files to the Mac Libs folder.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If iad.IsReady=True Then
iad.Show(Page1)
Else
End If

I have put this code to a timer . and after first show i am disabling the timer. This was the only solution i found

Allan Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can anyone tell me what I need to do with a B4A program I am converting that shows Google ads successfully.

Should it just work or do I have to do other things at the Google and Apple end?

Allan Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
This code worked for me:

AdView1.Initialize("Ad","*******************************",Page1,AdView1.SIZE_BANNER) 'Admob reference
AdView1.SetTestDevices(Array("*************************")) 'for testing ads
AdView1.LoadAd
AdView1.Alpha = 1
AdView1.Visible = True
AdView1.BringToFront
Page8.RootPanel.AddView(AdView1, 0%x, 90%y, 320dip, 50dip)

kurng

Licensed User
Longtime User
When load iadmob libs it can not compile it show error

When not load iadmob ilbs can compile ok

THis error

Parsing code. 0.02
Compiling code. 0.41
Compiling layouts code. 0.05
Compiling debugger engine code. 0.61
Building Xcode project 0.03
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = arm64
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain b4i_default5
PRODUCT_NAME = B4i Example
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = f749e922-b0ed-4f51-837a-4b801c928a95
=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===
Check dependencies
warning: all apps should include an armv7 architecture (current ARCHS = "arm64").
Write auxiliary files
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build
write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example.hmap
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64
write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example.LinkFileList
write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap
write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap
Create product structure
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/B4i\ Example.app
ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/B4i\ Example.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
cd /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphoneos -o /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/Info.plist
CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.o B4iProject/main.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch arm64 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/arm64 -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.dia -c /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/B4iProject/main.m -o /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/main.o
CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.o B4iProject/b4i_main.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch arm64 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/arm64 -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.dia -c /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/B4iProject/b4i_main.m -o /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/b4i_main.o
CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/LS_1.o B4iProject/LS_1.m normal arm64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch arm64 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -Wnon-modular-include-in-framework-module -Werror=non-modular-include-in-framework-module -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Werror=objc-root-class -Wno-receiver-is-weak -Wno-arc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DNS_BLOCK_ASSERTIONS=1 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-sign-conversion -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/B4i\ Example-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources/arm64 -I/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/DerivedSources -F/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload -F../../Libs -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/LS_1.d --serialize-diagnostics /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/LS_1.dia -c /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/B4iProject/LS_1.m -o /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/LS_1.o
Ld Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4i\ Example normal arm64
export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=7.0
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch arm64 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.1.sdk -L/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload -L../../Libs -F/Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload -F../../Libs -filelist /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example.LinkFileList -ObjC -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=7.0 -lCore -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework UIKit -liAdMob -framework AVFoundation -framework AudioToolbox -framework AdSupport -framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreTelephony -framework EventKit -framework EventKitUI -framework MessageUI -framework StoreKit -framework SystemConfiguration -lGoogleAdMobAds -liDebug -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/B4i\ Example_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/kurng/Downloads/macserver-aa/UploadedProjects/b4i_default5/Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4i\ Example
ld: library not found for -lGoogleAdMobAds
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Ld Payload/B4i\ Example.app/B4i\ Example normal arm64
(1 failure)

Can you help ?
thk

fishwolf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Example and my implementation work fine, thanks.

how to add a interstitial when the application go to in background ?

i have try to add code to background or inactive event, but is not show.

Status
Not open for further replies.