Android Question Icon Problem (B4X Logo appears instead of default green android)

jananistical

Hope you guys can help me.

My app icon doesn't look like the default green rectangle with an android in it. I had encountered this problem a couple of times before, every time I unintentionally compile the project in debug mode. I just had to run it again in release mode to solve it. Right now, the project is in release mode, yet the app icon still looks different. The activity title looks different too.
Screenshot_2020-07-04-01-42-45.png
Screenshot_2020-07-04-02-08-53.png

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For Name:
1593848951546.png

For Icon:

1593849022018.png

The icon may be similar to the one I have attached to you. You can download and edit it with a graphics program. But beware, it respects copyright

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0

jananistical

For Name:
View attachment 96601

For Icon:

View attachment 96602

The icon may be similar to the one I have attached to you. You can download and edit it with a graphics program. But beware, it respects copyright

Thank you so much yes I could do that, but I wonder why does this happen? Is it normal for the app icon to look like that ( blue icon)? Usually when you compile and run, the app icon would be the green android. In my case, that blue icon just suddenly appeared.

Peace and all good,
Jan

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome Jan to B4X World.

I guess, you have been developing in Android Studio which shows 'green' icon. In B4A you get 'blue' icon, as Erel has set it by default.
You are expected to change it, obviously.

Regards,

Anand

Upvote 0

jananistical

The blue icon is currently the B4X standard icon.
All my projects have this icon without selecting any other one.
Quite some time ago the icon was a green one.
So it's the current standard icon. That explains it! Thanks a lot for clearing my confusion sir.

Upvote 0