I'd like to show you my games

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I really want to play it! It looks awesome!!

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. I still have to add stuff and fix bugs here and there, but I think it's the moment to release a public beta

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.ninjagames.ufo

HOW TO PLAY
Just touch the screen to fly and tilt the device to control the UFO.
Go and take all the aliens back to the platform to complete the level.

At the moment there are only 16 levels, working on new worlds right now.
You have 6 UFOs with different properties, you can buy them with the coins you win.
You can also buy powerups at the shop
Tell me what you think about it, and... enjoy;)

fixit30

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don'twant to be negative but your heavy landing algorithm maybe needs a little tweak and you seem to have to be VERY close to pick up the aliens.

Screenshot_2016-09-29-21-57-10.png

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don'twant to be negative but your heavy landing algorithm maybe needs a little tweak and you seem to have to be VERY close to pick up the aliens.
One of the bad things of making a game alone is that gameplay can look intuitive to you (because when you make a game you play it thousand times) but no to other people, that's why it's neccesary letting people play it. So I appreciate very much suggestions.
About heavy landing... gravity is high, because I want the game to be hard. It's like flying a mini drone, it looks very hard at the begining...
Anyway, after the experience with catapult, a game has to be intuitive from the begining, because a lot of people if don't like it the first time they give a bad review...
About being close... it's only a parameter I can adjust (the UFO has a sensor and maybe I've made it too small)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
haha, i love this game.
@melonZgz i really like catapult but this one i like more.

it is hard to control the ufo but this is good like this. if the game were to simple it would became boring so i suggest keep it like this.
everything works great.

very well done! :)

btw: i laughed when the ufo explode very near to the alien and he still entered the flaming ufo :D (keep it, its funny)

fixit30

Licensed User
Longtime User
About heavy landing... gravity is high, because I want the game to be hard. It's like flying a mini drone, it looks very hard at the begining..
Maybe increase the diffuculty as you progress through the levels.

That way, it is easier to begin with whilst you are learning to fly.

Last edited:

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just downloaded the game, and I wouldn't change anything,
the game is fantastic, congratulations and good luck! :)

One thing that I noticed is, if you press home button while in level,
and then come back to play (select the game from recents app list)
it slows down and begins stuttering, and second , once in a while
while playing the tiny vertical black line across the screen,
in about center of a screen, it shows up, maybe for 1/5 of a second ,
It's maybe my phone, it's galaxy note 2
with a custom rom.. Idk..

But, all in all , the game is super cool, keep up the good work! :)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Melon,

Can you upload the apk somewhere?

I tried via the link above but besides showing "Starting download..." not much seem to happen here.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for the extra efforts! ;)

I managed to play it till it crashed (passed last level?) on my low end Samsung ACE phone.

Plays very well the first levels
Becomes a little slower when there are more objects or that spinning wheel in the level BUT that's my lowend phone that's causing it.
There are some tile glitches where some lines appear during scrolling, seems like a rounding issue.

all in all a very good game, well done!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
almost forgot...

not sure if it counts as a bug but when you have the last alien on board and crash onto the delivery platform
your ufo explodes but still drops the alien and the level completes.

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
almost forgot...

not sure if it counts as a bug but when you have the last alien on board and crash onto the delivery platform
your ufo explodes but still drops the alien and the level completes.
Actually I like that "feature" , I passed so many levels that way :)

An Schi

Licensed User
Just played some levels of UFO and i can only say: wow! My deepest respect!!

One bug i found: you can play the better ufos without having the coins to buy them by just selecting them and start a level. They stay blacked-out in the shop, but ingame they are colored and usable.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just played some levels of UFO and i can only say: wow! My deepest respect!!

One bug i found: you can play the better ufos without having the coins to buy them by just selecting them and start a level. They stay blacked-out in the shop, but ingame they are colored and usable.

thanx now i need to earn those coins to choose them o_O

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
LoL, nice find :)

but I can't do that, when I click on black UFO , "PLAY" icon turns in to the shopping cart, and I can only buy that UFO...

Another bug just happened to me, I bought extra fuel, and in level 9, I was at the 10% of fuel, and wanted to refuel, as soon as I clicked on to the refuel icon , the "game over" screen popped up telling me that I was out of fuel..

Last edited:

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
but I can't do that, when I click on black UFO , "PLAY" icon turns in to the shopping cart, and I can only buy that UFO...
Ah, just found it, It only happened when in "level selector screen" you click on the ufo icon , select the black ufo and then you return to the level selector screen..