IDE Improvement ideas (B4A v1.7) Code Formatting/Cleaning

Housefly

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

Is it possible that the IDE could be made to correct the CASE of dimensioned variables in the code? It would improve the legibility of the code, and improve overall usability in the IDE.

I'm not sure if you noticed an earlier post I made, (no worries if not, was my own mistake for putting it as a comment to another unrelated topic) but, could you include some way of having the IDE clean the code as we work?

What happens is the editor will pickup/append (or leave) TABS, and any whitespaces entered by the user at the end of a line of code. TABS used for indentation on lines below the active cursor location, are added to the end of a line of code by hitting DEL when cleaning or modifying code constructs.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement a fix for this, but as it appears that each line of code that is entered is scanned and formatted based on keywords and other criteria, could an extra formatting rule be added so that on every line of code that contains user entered data (actual code, not CR, LF, TABs or Spaces) any trailing whitespace (or TABS) be removed, or trimmed from the end of the line of code? This wouldn't impact the current TABS that are inserted to maintain proper indentation.

magarcan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nowadays I'm working with Visual Studio 2010 and I can't live without Intellisense XD

We wait for the editor formating updates :icon_clap:

Upvote 0