Android Question IDE Version 12.20 (64 bit)

David Hawkins

Licensed User
Longtime User
When in debug mode my IDE stops debugging after 10 seconds when trying to debug a problem, any ideas?

Shelby

Licensed User
You'll need far more detail, a copy and paste the error message with the use of code brackets above, and perhaps your zipped project for knowledgeable members to give you help here.

Upvote 0

David Hawkins

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no error message it just stop debugging and goes back to normal code, had there been an error message i would have included it. It's really strange, I will create a small project and post it for you to try.

Test:
#Region Shared Files
#CustomBuildAction: folders ready, %WINDIR%\System32\Robocopy.exe,"..\..\Shared Files" "..\Files"
'Ctrl + click to sync files: ide://run?file=%WINDIR%\System32\Robocopy.exe&args=..\..\Shared+Files&args=..\Files&FilesSync=True
#End Region

'Ctrl + click to export as zip: ide://run?File=%B4X%\Zipper.jar&Args=Project.zip

Sub Class_Globals
    Private Root As B4XView
    Private xui As XUI
End Sub

Public Sub Initialize
'    B4XPages.GetManager.LogEvents = True
End Sub

'This event will be called once, before the page becomes visible.
Private Sub B4XPage_Created (Root1 As B4XView)
    Root = Root1
    Root.LoadLayout("MainPage")
End Sub

'You can see the list of page related events in the B4XPagesManager object. The event name is B4XPage.

Private Sub Button1_Click
    xui.MsgboxAsync("Hello world!", "B4X")
End Sub

This is as basic as you can get, I created a new B4Xpages app as you can see from above and it does exactly as I said. It's really strange

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you upgraded to 12.20 recently?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you install A COMPLETE NEW SDK together with B4A 12? If not. Delete your SDK and install it new.

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you downloaded even the new Android SDK + Resources?
If not follow carefully all the instructions from B4A Installation page, downloading everything needed (apart from Java JDK if you are ok).
Unzip everything using a third party software like 7Zip and avoid doing it with Windows integrated unzip.

Upvote 0

David Hawkins

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok as suggested, I removed SDK, resources, B4A and all Java installations ensured everything was removed completely, I restarted the PC and then reinstalled as suggested by Sagenut and the problem still exists. I also noted that the ability to add custom views in the designer in no longer available to me (I don't know if that is relevant). So still stuck but it doesn't stop me from creating apps or modifying old ones.

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To add CustomViews you must select them from libraries list in the IDE.
For example select XuiViews.

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe B4XTable is a separate library.
Does it appear in the libraries list to be ticked to become available?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Note the first sentence in that thread.

Upvote 0

David Hawkins

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK I have an update I tried my project out on an old laptop which has an oldeer version of B4A installed and that failed exactly the same as my new laptop. The old laptop is running version 11.50 and the new laptop runs on 12.20. Thinking it maybe the project itself I moved it from an external drive to an internal drive, tested it and still the same issue. I am investigating further.

Upvote 0