I'm learning C#

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
C# @LucaMs, it is considered more professional than VB.NET

if you buy a €6000 camera it doesn't mean you'll be a good photographer.

same goes for coding (and other things). If you suck at it it wouldn't matter what language you use as that will reflect in your apps.

I also wrote 2 programs for a client and my sister. a counter program for a shop but with build-in client managenemt, customer card to get discount after certain buying, invoicing for the pro customers etc.

I did one in VB6 and another one in VB2010, the differences were kind of huge, a lot more than I expected.

These days when you install a VB version you are extremely lucky when you look for a solution that works from the first go.

They change a lot on syntax and properties that's what I hate about M$, why not stick to the same language and add features to it.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@LucaMs your English is very good, there's no need to learn more. You actually write better English than some people I know who live right here in England with me :)

Thanks but my english is "our english" (mine and GT) and the structure of my sentences is always very simple and school.

Understand new languages (and environments!) is not so difficult: It's hard to remember.

Pay no attention to Erel: he has billions of Tb in his headS :D

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if you buy a €6000 camera it doesn't mean you'll be a good photographer.

same goes for coding (and other things). If you suck at it it wouldn't matter what language you use as that will reflect in your apps.

I also wrote 2 programs for a client and my sister. a counter program for a shop but with build-in client managenemt, customer card to get discount after certain buying, invoicing for the pro customers etc.

I did one in VB6 and another one in VB2010, the differences were kind of huge, a lot more than I expected.

These days when you install a VB version you are extremely lucky when you look for a solution that works from the first go.

They change a lot on syntax and properties that's what I hate about M$, why not stick to the same language and add features to it.

Yes, VB6 and VB.Net are very different... as their dates of birth.

Unfortunately, we are forced to study new languages (and S.O., environments, tools...) to keep pace with the times.

I do not think I could use some of my old RPG ILE code on my smartphone :D

Borts_RPGbits_fig_3.gif

[P.S. Someone knows green phosphor monitors? :D:(]

picenainformatica

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that MS is looking for more programmers for the .net platform and the only programmers available are the C like programmers (C c++ java and so on) in several OS.