Android Question Implementing user-defined-intervals in a RoundSlider control

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I would like to get a time input from the end-user via a RoundSlider Control.

One RounderSlide for Hour and another Round Slider control for the Minute.

However, I want the Minute Round Slide control to move in intervals of only 5 minutes.

i.e. 00,05,10,15,20...55.

In the RoundSlider1_ValueChanged subroutine, incrementing the value by 5 does not work.

My doubts:

1) How to space the interval in the RoundSlider control to 5 minute intervals only ?

2) What is the right way to use the RoundSlider Control ?

[Presently just by putting the control on the GUI and setting its intervals, one can get its value in the RoundSlider1_ValueChanged event.
However, the RoundSlider control allows for i) Declaration and ii) Initialization.

But if you attempt to Declare the RoundSlider control, the intellisense in the IDE displays a warning saying that since you
have put it from the designer, you cannot initialize it.

So, how should one Declare and Initialize the RoundSlider Control and how to use it.

Requesting for guidance on the same.

3) Is there any other XUI Views control which can be used for 'user-defined' incremental count via SWIPE/MOVE event?

Thanks.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
something like this?
ezgif.com-gif-maker (4) (2).gif

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
3) Is there any other XUI Views control which can be used for 'user-defined' incremental count via SWIPE/MOVE event?

Upvote 0

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
1) No such feature in RoundSlider.
2) Add it with the designer.
3) B4XSeekBar
Thanks Erel.. in the B4XSeekBar, I noted that we can give i) minimum value ii) maximum value iii) the interval and iv) the 'current value' .

But, in my case, I want to set the current value of the B4XSeekBar to a particular value which I will get only at run-time.

So how should I set the current (display) value of the B4XSeekBar at runtime ?

Thanks...
Hi Alexander,

You have done a great job !

Are these controls free to use ? .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
with the .Value property
But it does not allow the setting of the current value at 'run-time'... you can set the value of the B4XSeekBar at design-time.. For example assume that I want end-user to input a time, I will set the initial say 'minute' seek-bar value to the 'minute value' of the current time (by default)... So how to set the current value of the B4XSeekBar at 'run-time'...

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry .. you got me wrong.. I am not saying that it will not work.. I am just asking as to how to set it to display a horizontal B4XSeekBar The example shows a Vertical seek bar...
The view does that by itself, as soon as the view is wider than long
width > height = Horizontal
height > width = Vertical

Upvote 0