Android Question Indoor GPS beacons

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Maybe this is more of an answer to indoor navigation.

http://developer.estimote.com/

Look especially at the section on indoor location. There's an API as well.

Upvote 0

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Sir,
Maybe one of the other Master Wrappers would consider doing it as well.

In the past @DonManfred has wrapped a library on request but the costs were shared between 3 or 4 of us - he might consider this again if we get enough interest.

Hi Bill
Thanks and I am ready to contribute in the dev cost if anyone would wrap it.. I can even take the lion's share of not enough contributors.

Upvote 0

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a sponsor for such a beacon? Without having such a Beacon it is hard to do a wrap for the SDK

Manfred - if we can wait another 2 - 3 weeks I will buy you a set and have it delivered to your place - The development set comes in boxes of 3 and there are two kinds - one with straight beacons and one that has telemetrics - me thinks the latter will be good for you !!

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Manfred
In addition to bill's offer, I can send you the beacons in a few days.. You research and decide the kind and source website/vendor. To save time I can send you the cost of beacons so you can order them directly. If that sound good pm me.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you send me a link to buy such a beacon or a devkit? I dont know where to get them from....
I just offer to do a wrap if someone can sponsor such beacons to do the wrap and to test it...

Based on their documentation i read that you should use at least one beacon per wall (4 in a room)...

I just want help ;-)

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As i saw you can order them directly on their homepage...

https://estimote.com/products/

I just need to know which beacons i should buy to build a wrap for (and need the money ;-) )...
I can orden them directly; maybe this is faster as you said, @Beja

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don,
Sorry for the late response.. travel and move.
I am interested in simulating satellite GPS vehicle tracking system in indoor environment (for presentation)
Beside estimote I came across this product: https://www.pozyx.io/store
Now that you know the purpose and goal, please check and advice and I will work with you from there.

Best. B

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
please check and advice
You want me doing the research what Hardware to use?
I´m not the right person for that i guess.

I am interested in simulating satellite GPS vehicle tracking system in indoor environment (for presentation)
So, if i understand correctly it is a similar scenario like the one on the estimote site

Am i right? If yes then the Estimotes seems to be good for...
But i can´t answer which of the two solutions is the better one. Before adding to the thread i did not know that there is a real indoor gps possible.

The other you have found is much more expensive then the Estimote beacons.

For me it does not matter Estimote or Pozyk. I write the wrapper. I just need a devkit here in my rooms to be able to write it ;-)

Honestly; From reading this thread and reading on estimote site. My interest is awaken (correctly said? hmmm, dont know) on these Indoor Mapping
Sounds interesting. But just for FUN if we are talking about me

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…