Android Question Indoor GPS beacons

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Maybe this is more of an answer to indoor navigation.

http://developer.estimote.com/

Look especially at the section on indoor location. There's an API as well.

Upvote 0

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Sir,
Maybe one of the other Master Wrappers would consider doing it as well.

In the past @DonManfred has wrapped a library on request but the costs were shared between 3 or 4 of us - he might consider this again if we get enough interest.

Hi Bill
Thanks and I am ready to contribute in the dev cost if anyone would wrap it.. I can even take the lion's share of not enough contributors.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a sponsor for such a beacon? Without having such a Beacon it is hard to do a wrap for the SDK

Upvote 0

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a sponsor for such a beacon? Without having such a Beacon it is hard to do a wrap for the SDK

Manfred - if we can wait another 2 - 3 weeks I will buy you a set and have it delivered to your place - The development set comes in boxes of 3 and there are two kinds - one with straight beacons and one that has telemetrics - me thinks the latter will be good for you !!

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Manfred
In addition to bill's offer, I can send you the beacons in a few days.. You research and decide the kind and source website/vendor. To save time I can send you the cost of beacons so you can order them directly. If that sound good pm me.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you send me a link to buy such a beacon or a devkit? I dont know where to get them from....
I just offer to do a wrap if someone can sponsor such beacons to do the wrap and to test it...

Based on their documentation i read that you should use at least one beacon per wall (4 in a room)...

I just want help ;-)

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As i saw you can order them directly on their homepage...

https://estimote.com/products/

I just need to know which beacons i should buy to build a wrap for (and need the money ;-) )...
I can orden them directly; maybe this is faster as you said, @Beja

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don,
Sorry for the late response.. travel and move.
I am interested in simulating satellite GPS vehicle tracking system in indoor environment (for presentation)
Beside estimote I came across this product: https://www.pozyx.io/store
Now that you know the purpose and goal, please check and advice and I will work with you from there.

Best. B

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
please check and advice
You want me doing the research what Hardware to use?
I´m not the right person for that i guess.

I am interested in simulating satellite GPS vehicle tracking system in indoor environment (for presentation)
So, if i understand correctly it is a similar scenario like the one on the estimote site

Locating people, way-finding, and attendance tracking
If you need to locate your users precisely, watch their real-time position on a floorplan, collect attendance data, or deliver way-finding instructions then choose our robust Estimote Indoor Location SDK.

precise-location-sdk-lg.de52db36.png

ico-devkit-location.b66efea4.png

It works best with Location Beacons. Map your space and test indoor positioning in minutes.

Am i right? If yes then the Estimotes seems to be good for...
But i can´t answer which of the two solutions is the better one. Before adding to the thread i did not know that there is a real indoor gps possible.

The other you have found is much more expensive then the Estimote beacons.

For me it does not matter Estimote or Pozyk. I write the wrapper. I just need a devkit here in my rooms to be able to write it ;-)

Honestly; From reading this thread and reading on estimote site. My interest is awaken (correctly said? hmmm, dont know) on these Indoor Mapping :D
Sounds interesting. But just for FUN if we are talking about me :)

Upvote 0