Android Question Installing B4A App with MySQL

demonio_jack

Licensed User
Hi everyone!!!
This is my very first time in B4A and trying to install a small app with MySQL. It's work in debugging environment... but when I compile it to install in a android phone, fail.
I'm not sure what I have to do, I've seen a lot of videos and posts but I haven't found "the procedure" to make a simple installation.
I need to test my app with some testers, not using playstore.
What files do I need to send for a correct installation??? Can I use a whatsapp msg for that? All the libraries used in my app: How they install on testers mobiles???

Thanks so much.

Demonio

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What error message showed?
You can compile the app in Release Mode and distribute the apk.
You can upload the apk in dropbox or web hosting and share the link in whatsapp or email.
You do not need to concern about the libraries used as it is compiled into the apk.

Upvote 0

demonio_jack

Licensed User
What error message showed?
You can compile the app in Release Mode and distribute the apk.
You can upload the apk in dropbox or web hosting and share the link in whatsapp or email.
You do not need to concern about the libraries used as it is compiled into the apk.

When I run the app (released) on mobile tester, the app cannot connect to database... and fail.

Upvote 0

demonio_jack

Licensed User
Show the code you connect to the server.
1583403343177.png

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Check this:

and follow aeric suggestion if possible.

Don't post code as image, use [code ] your code here [/ code] (with no spaces)

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The suggested method to connect to a Database is:

Upvote 0

Lucas Siqueira

Licensed User
Longtime User
It works!!! Thank you so much.

hello, you have the method using mysql's jdbc driver. It is not so secure because your app can be decompiled and people can get data from your bank if it happens and people are aware of the database.

but for simple, personal projects, or even that your application will not be posted on google play, it is very simple to use.

See the example I left.

https://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-5.1.34.tar.gz

Attachments

• Android JdbcSQL.zip
    29.7 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0