Android Question Invalid double: "null" after updating KeyValueStore

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was using an "old" version of KeyValueStore. Having found this problem:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/posts/557508/

I replaced the old class with the latest one (and replaced all PutSimple and GetSimple with Put and Get).

Running the project, I get:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: Invalid double: "null"

upload_2018-1-10_4-51-23.png

executing the assignment LastVersion = Version(0) (as you can see LastVersion is a string variable so this does not make sense [also Version is an array of strings]).

KeyValueStore is not involved in any part of this phase (GetOnlineVersion is a resumable sub which downloads a simple string from Internet, splits it and returns Version(), correctly).

How could this have happened?

Thank you

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@ilan, @Peter Simpson, after your advice I deleted all the registration part.
Now, however, if you want to install the app on two devices you will have to use two different nick names.

Good morning Luca,
I redownloading and installed V1.1, but I just keep getting the attached screen shot.

I'm running Android 8.1.0 just in case you want to know...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180113-114752.png
    Screenshot_20180113-114752.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I sometimes have to press the round green circle 2 or three times before it starts, I like the shutter closing animation, some basic instructions on how to start the game would definitely be handy. You should place the banner advert over the closed shutter top or bottom, currently if the opt shutter I'd closed the banner as corners the shutter which is good, but if the shutter is closed at the bottom, the banner advert is still at the top which is distracting, well it is for me anyway.

It's a good same, I like it, how are you heckling work spellings as that works perfect?

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I sometimes have to press the round green circle 2 or three times before it starts,
I know, this is hugly; I was going to change it, I wanted to fix the circle and add a flashing arrow, but then I had to do with the famous bug and I forgot to do it.

how are you heckling work spellings as that works perfect?
:p

Thank you.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just started the app.

I picked a math game and solved it and already have 21.710 points? (first place)

How is this score calculated?

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just started the app.

I picked a math game and solved it and already have 21.710 points? (first place)

How is this score calculated?
Not so well :D.

It is calculated based on the distance from the number to be found (1-5, greater distance "pays" very few points) and quantity of numbers used: if you use all 6 numbers you earn more points. This may seem a contradiction, but if you have to find 150 and you have 100 and 50 it is obvious that you will be fast).

AND TIME SAVED, OF COURSE!

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it should be the other way around. the less numbers you use the more clever you are ;)

in Math King I only give "levels" with a valid solution and atleast 2 operations to get there.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
solved another one but instead of adding my 2 scores to a total value I appear twice in the ranking at spot 1 & 2 ?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, it's just that the current leaderboard doesn't take level difficulties into account.
like you wrote you could be lucky to get to the answer with 2 or 3 operations and appear at place 1.

so it makes more sense that the more you can solve the higher you get.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the math game plays well.

I'd use more space of the screen. now it starts at 40% down which makes the operational buttons a bit too small.

Good luck with it, Luca.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
why aren't you creating in share your creation a thread about your app and all suggestion or errors can be discussed there?

anyway i am downloading now the latest version and will try it but what i noticed is that in the store page everything is in Italien even if i don't speak Italian and also the app is in English too so you should add an English translation to the store so if people from the world except of Italy will visit your page on the store they will understand what your app is about.

Upvote 0