iOS Question iOS 12 Get SSID of Connected Network

simplypats

Licensed User
Longtime User
We are connecting to a device via WiFi and need to check the SSID of the connected device.

Until iOS 12 was release the following code worked well

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...vailable-wifi-network-in-range-in-i-os.52578/

However with iOS 12 no SSID information is returned.

We created a new App Id and enabled Access WiFi Information service enabled (with thanks to Erel and Tufanv) We are currently running B4i 5.3

Is there any new way of getting the SSID of the connected network or any configuration such as a PlistExtra setting which we need to implement.

simplypats

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the suggestion moster67.

We have looked at quite a few posts around the internet, including those on Stack OverFlow, but nothing really addresses the query.

We are currently looking at another method as a fall back, which in theory should work, and early testing looks promising.

Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Until iOS 12 was release the following code worked well
The code will also work fine with iOS 12, add the following Entitlement to your project attributes section:
B4X:
#Entitlement: <key>com.apple.developer.networking.wifi-info</key><true/>

Jan

Upvote 0

simplypats

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just an update to this thread,

Adding the Entitlement above to the project attributes section has worked and the SSID of the connected network is now being returned.

Many Thanks to Jan and moster67

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did not work for me.

I get the following error when compiling.

Provisioning profile "Turbo3Wildcard2" doesn't support the Access WiFi Information capability. (in target 'B4iProject')

Upvote 0