iOS Question iOS Capabilities (Associated Domain, Near Field Communication Tag Reading)

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, i'm working on an NFC library based on the latest released iOS 13, i've been having some issues with reading regular NFC tags, i have followed apple's documentations to the letter but haven't been able to get the library work.

I added all the expected keys and values to the info.plist and the entitlements file.

I created an example project in Xcode using swift, and i was getting the exact error, finally i figured that I was missing some capabilities, please refer the image attached, my question is the following, besides the #PListExtra and #Entitlement regions in B4i, is there a way to add what is needed to the project, again please look at the image, my xcode project didn't start working until I added the Associated Domain and the Near Field Communication Tag Reading capabilities, is there a way to include these two capabilities in my B4i project, I believe these are different than what is added to the #PListExtra and #Entitlement regions.

Does this make sense, basically my xcode project is now working with the same exact code i am using in the library, but when I compile my b4i code i get an NFCError 202 error and by doing

capabilities.png

Last edited:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
See the NFC tutorial: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/nfc-reading-ndef-tags.84784/#content

You should use #DeviceCapabilities attribute.
Hi Erel, I added the #DeviceCapabilities attribute but i'm still getting the same error, i am using xcode 11.2 and it seems to work fine, I mean I can compile the code and run the app, but when i start the scan i get the error, I just noticed in my developer account when generating the provision I see in the list of certificates one that says for use in xcode 11 or later, but if I choose that one i get a distribution certificate but without the ios_ in front of it, if I download the file and rename it to ios_distribution.cer then i get an error in the b4i ide that says that it can't parse that file.

provision.PNG

Any thoughts on that?

Walter

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The error is not clear.

Are you able to scan Ndef tags with the iNFC library?
Hi Erel, yes if I use your iNFC library i can scan NDEF tags with it.

Any thoughts on the Certificate that says for use in Xcode 11 and above?

Walter

Upvote 0