iOS Question iOS iAdMob

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
Hi all,

I am about to launch an app on the App store, free, to assess the correct amount of downloads, traffic...
I would like to later on add ads (using iAdMob) and another version without Ads that would require some sort of membership.

What would be the best strategy to do so?
Are there certificates that need to be valid before i push the app the first time? or i can do it at any time?

Thanks

Y.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can add ads any time you like. I'm not sure whether you can change a free app to a paid app. Check it if it is relevant.

It is a bit better to use an explicit app id though you can also change it later.
it is possible to change to paid app in appstore unlike google play.

Upvote 0

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
Hmm its quite interesting...
I am trying to launch the app on both plateforms, but if google play doesnt allow a switch from "Free" to "Renewal subscription". I kinda have to change my plans...

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
renewing subscription is a different thing. Don't mix them up.

Either you set the app free or paid , this is one thing.
Renewing subscriptions is an in app purchase. It means you can select app to be free but you can activate extra features with auto-renewing subscriptions which is a in app purchase.
Hmm its quite interesting...
I am trying to launch the app on both plateforms, but if google play doesnt allow a switch from "Free" to "Renewal subscription". I kinda have to change my plans...

Upvote 0

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
Ah! Thank you!

So in other words, i can have my free apps on both iOS and Google Play and then later on add "ads", and make an in app-purchase available (as a subscription) to remove those ads.

Upvote 0