iOS Question Upload and publish app

Nickelgrass

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I am trying to upload and publish an App in the Apple app store. I followed this tutorial: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/publishing-your-app-to-the-app-store.57528/.

But I get an error: No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier 'appname' is correct and that you are signed into Xcode with an Apple ID that has access to the app in App Store Connect.

I do not understand what exactly that means. I used my Apple username with the app specific password. Also I have a developer account. Do I have to add the app prior to that? And how do I sign into Xcode?

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
You need to create the blank app in the store first before trying to upload.
You need to do this before step 7.
The bundle id of this app in the store needs to be the same as the app you are trying to upload.
This is how Apple knows where to put the uploaded binary.

Upvote 0

Nickelgrass

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, thanks for the reply.
So I setup the app page and the app specific password. I guess I do not have the correct bundle name. So wich names have to match? Is it the package name in B4I? So where in the App Store Connect and in the B4I settings do I have to enter the same name?

Also I get an error when uploading "This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory".

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
The bundle Id needs to match the one in the app. it also needs to match the one in the Certificate/provision.
Unless you are using a wild card.
Also I get an error when uploading "This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory".
It sounds like you haven't used the "Build Release App" option in the Build Server Menu. You then Download Last Build which give you a zip file which is uploaded to Apple.

The installation and configuration video at the bottom of this page should help.

Upvote 0

Nickelgrass

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply. I understand that the bundle ID needs to machts the ID in the app. What I do not know is what exactly is the bundle ID and where do I enter it? And what is the app ID and where do I enter that?

Is the app ID the package and the bundle ID?

1698305728088.png

1698305443559.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nickelgrass

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the upload is working now but the genereated app bundle seems to be invalid.

"original_server_error" = {
code = "STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90017";
detail = "This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory.";
id = "xxx";
status = 409;
title = "Asset validation failed";
};

It seems it is not compiled correct: Application compiled with non-store provision profile.
I have following lines in my main:

#If RELEASE
#CertificateFile: D:\appfolder\ios_distribution.cer
#ProvisionFile: D:\appfolder\pro.mobileprovision
#END IF

Edit: all working now. It was a debug provisioning file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0