Android Question Is it possible to return values from event driven subs? (SOLVED)

MaxWaterfall

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to return a value from an event driven sub.

This value will be added to a variable that will count the number of times a message with important data has been downloaded. I could implement it easily with an "x = x + 1" but I was just wandering if you could do "Return 1" and somehow add that returned value to a variable.

Thanks, Max

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the problem will be how the event is raised.

if you call your own sub in the event you could add a return value to it like

B4X:
sub yourevent
savedfiles=savedfiles+savefile(filename) 'not sure if this would work by you could do it in 2 steps by saving the returned value to a variable first and add it to the counter in the 2nd step.
end sub

sub savefile
save file
if filesave=ok return 1 else return 0
end sub

Upvote 0

MaxWaterfall

Licensed User
Longtime User
The event being raised is the Pop_DownloadedCompleted not sure if your example would work in that case. (Probably should have given you that information beforehand)
Any other ideas?

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The sub is called by the event's raiser to "inform" you what happened. It is some kind of a one way communication. For sure you want to know if "everything" was downloaded. So why not use a global var which you can modify (increase) and check in "Pop_DownloadedCompleted". If the last download is completed then do xxxx.

Upvote 0

MaxWaterfall

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's what I have done, I was just wandering it was possible to do it by returning values but it's more hassle than it's worth.

Thanks, Max :)

Upvote 0