Android Question Is there any tutorial about to make Google Play Unlocker App?

hillzx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello guys, is there any tutorial about to make Google Play Unlocker App?
For example at first user install Free Version, then user can install secondary unlocker app to unlock functionality of app.

hillzx

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use PackageManager from the phone library to check whether any specific app is installed. You can then unlock whichever features you like.
for example have two app,
let say : the first app is myapp.app.free , and the second one is myapp.app.unlocker , so my first app needs to check is "myapp.app.unlocker" is exist, right?
what if other people make the same package name to cheat this method?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. the cheater must know the name of the package (myapp.app.unlocker) to do such a cheat
2. If you want to make it more safety you can follow the inapp billing tutorial. You then get a "list of all products the user own" and compare this list to whether he buyed myapp.app.unlocker or not....

Upvote 0

hillzx

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. the cheater must know the name of the package (myapp.app.unlocker) to do such a cheat
2. If you want to make it more safety you can follow the inapp billing tutorial. You then get a "list of all products the user own" and compare this list to whether he buyed myapp.app.unlocker or not....
Thanks for your response, i will try to find the tutorial, i hope it's available in this forum

Upvote 0

hillzx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

hillzx

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use PackageManager from the phone library to check whether any specific app is installed. You can then unlock whichever features you like.
Sorry to ask 1 more time, i just want to make sure ,
I want to check that the unlocker app is exist. is this code correct ?

Dim app As Intent
Dim pm As PackageManager
app=pm.GetApplicationIntent("myapp.testing.unlocker")

If app.IsInitialized Then
Msgbox("app unlocker is exist","GOOD")
Else
Msgbox("app unlocker is not exist","ERROR")
End If

Upvote 0

hillzx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello erel, now i am really confuse about making app unlocker, because it is too easy to guess the package name, it's written on url of google play store

unlock.png

I already read about in-app-billing service, but i didn't understand about the concept, so if i am using in-app-billing service then i don't need to create unlocker-app ?

Upvote 0

hillzx

Licensed User
Longtime User
The package name is not secret.

Yes, you can use in app purchases to implement such a solution.

thank you for your response, ok this is what i am thinking, if i have two app , myapp.free.version & myapp.unlocker.version
1. I need to implement in-app-billing-service library inside myapp.free.version , it doesn't need to attach in-app-billing-service library inside myapp.unlocker.version, am i right ?
2. Then i take the "license key" from myapp.unlocker.version , write it down inside myapp.free.version project , like this:

Sub Process_GlobalsDim manager As BillingManager3
Private key AsString = "MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAA..."
End Sub

Sorry for this newbie question , am i doing right ?

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-6_22-22-54.png
    upload_2015-1-6_22-22-54.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 0

hillzx

Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't need two apps. Create a single app and open the locked features after the user makes a purchase.
Thanks for suggestion, now i am creating 1 app with in-app-billing-service enabled, then there's a new problem here, actually

manager.GetOwnedProducts run async, so it ruins the detection between premium and free user.

For example, in premium version, users will not see any ads, i will hide ads if i know that user has been purchased it, currently my big

problem is all of UI runs at first step (including ads), manager.GetOwnedProducts runs very late. do you know how to fix this ?

Upvote 0