Android Question Issue about install B4A v8.00

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by iwdev, Jun 11, 2018.

1. iwdev

iwdev Member Licensed User

Hi,

when I upgrade my B4A from v6.00 to v8.00,I got correctly compilation (see below) but couldn't install the app to my phone,why? (the installation is on but can't not be installed correctly.)

compile.JPG

2. f0raster0

f0raster0 Active Member Licensed User

b4a bridge too old maybe?

3. iwdev

Thanks,but I copy the apk file from objects folder to my phone and install,the same result happens,so I think it's not the question of B4A bridge,,any other possibilites?

4. f0raster0

version of your android?

5. iwdev

I'm using HTC M9s,android version v6.00

6. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

Have you tried with a USB connection ?

7. iwdev

yes,I copy the apk file through the USB connection and install manually, and then touch the install button and see "installing..." on the screen,but after a while,it shows fail to install, it seems like no app was installed to my phone, the old version of the app still works but no update.

8. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

I meant a direct USB connection with the device.
    If you connect your device directly, the apk file is automatically transfered to the device.
    To be able to connect a device via USB you must activate USB debugging on the device.
    Does it work if you make a new project?

9. jimmyF

jimmyF Active Member Licensed User

There is a phone setting something like "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources"
    Maybe that is the problem?

10. f0raster0

in Project-> Build Configuration
    Do you use a different package name?
    (installing manually when still installed the previos version)
    if not using a different package name, you have to uninstall your previous version.. to keep using the same package name.
    or change the package name to install the new version of your App

11. iwdev

I can't install the app via direct USB connection because B4A development enviorment is on my company's virtual machine.
    I try a new app but also don't work. and I'm sure my phone had setting "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources".
    Finally, I uninstall my app of previous version and install the apk again,it works, and now I can install my app via B4A bridge.
    I think the question is the previous version of the app use the same package name.

thanks all,much appreciated.

12. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Try to change the package name and run it. Does it work?

13. iwdev

Change the package name,it works,too.
    The situation is once I installed the previous version of the app,I can't install through B4A bridge if I don't change the package name or uninstall the app.

14. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

This means that you are using a different signing key. If you previously used the debug key then it was changed at some point. If it is important for you to use the same key then you can find the old key in the forum. However it is a mistake to distribute apps signed with the debug key.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice