Android Question Issue about install B4A v8.00

iwdev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

when I upgrade my B4A from v6.00 to v8.00,I got correctly compilation (see below) but couldn't install the app to my phone,why? (the installation is on but can't not be installed correctly.)

compile.JPG

iwdev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks,but I copy the apk file from objects folder to my phone and install,the same result happens,so I think it's not the question of B4A bridge,,any other possibilites?

Upvote 0

iwdev

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes,I copy the apk file through the USB connection and install manually, and then touch the install button and see "installing..." on the screen,but after a while,it shows fail to install, it seems like no app was installed to my phone, the old version of the app still works but no update.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I meant a direct USB connection with the device.
If you connect your device directly, the apk file is automatically transfered to the device.
To be able to connect a device via USB you must activate USB debugging on the device.
Does it work if you make a new project?

Upvote 0

jimmyF

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a phone setting something like "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources"
Maybe that is the problem?

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
... the old version of the app still works but no update.
in Project-> Build Configuration
Do you use a different package name?
(installing manually when still installed the previos version)
if not using a different package name, you have to uninstall your previous version.. to keep using the same package name.
or change the package name to install the new version of your App

Upvote 0

iwdev

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't install the app via direct USB connection because B4A development enviorment is on my company's virtual machine.
I try a new app but also don't work. and I'm sure my phone had setting "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources".
Finally, I uninstall my app of previous version and install the apk again,it works, and now I can install my app via B4A bridge.
I think the question is the previous version of the app use the same package name.

thanks all,much appreciated.

Upvote 0

iwdev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Change the package name,it works,too.
The situation is once I installed the previous version of the app,I can't install through B4A bridge if I don't change the package name or uninstall the app.

Upvote 0